Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large Sceen TV's....way too much info???

2Driver
    So I'm sitting hear trying to get educated and reading reveiws and such and it's pretty over whelming, way too much info for an old Operating Eng. like me!! There are so many things out now Hi Def rear projection, Hi def rear projection with micros processors, DLP, LCD, Plama, Lcos????? The the pros and cons of each, burn in, motion blur, black screen rating, view angles,rainbow effect, short bulb life, 720 vs 1080, color wheels etc, Jesus it's confusing or at least to me.
    Too funny. In typical engineer fashion you are sitting home trying to separate the fly chit from the pepper. Just go get a plasma or LCD by Samsung or Sony and you can't go wrong.

phebus
    Bobby, talk to JY Ruiz (Juan). He knows his stuff and will give you the readers digest version that makes sense. He really keeps up on this stuff.

Riveratz
    If you need any help with the install, that is what I do. So feel free to ask anything.

Not So Fast
    Well< i have almost made up my mind after reading all about this thing. Went to the Sound Bank here, and this is what I found out. LCD is very limited in bigger screens (I want at least 60"),Plasma is way pricey in that size so DLP Hi Def looks like the one for us. I really liked the 65" Mitsubishi DLP HDTV, big enough and whata picture. Price is not that bad even with a stand and service contract. The draw back to DLP is just as I thought, the bulb is rated to last give or take 4000 hrs, around 1&1/2 years and the service contract will replace it one time for $299 (contract is 5 years) but it covers the rest of the tv completely. The bulbs run about $250 and can be replaced by even a knuclehead such as myself.
    So in the end the bulb figures to be replaced about once a year, big deal for all the great pictures it provides. Any body interested in a 50" Toshiba that is still looking reallly good for their river place??? Doesnt hurt to ask right, good price too!!
    Thanks guys and Juan, if you'e there please chime in NSF

Redwing247
    Bobby, talk to JY Ruiz (Juan). He knows his stuff and will give you the readers digest version that makes sense. He really keeps up on this stuff.
    Or Dan H2Otoie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12