Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: couple vids from this weekend

IMPATIENT 1
    my buddy was taking vid of us playin around alittle saturday. i didn't get any wot runs in, i forgot to turn my fuel pressure up after adding another pump to the system as soon as i hit @6200, the pressure would drop to 3psi and my a/f meter would start climbing, so i never ran it past 6k from then on for the day. i turned up the idle pressure from 8 to 12psi, checked my seats for leaks(none) and i'm hope'n the pressure stays above 5-6psi now at wot.i've got 2 different regulators i'm playin with to get the most psi at wot.here's the vids:
    http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=MOV01007.flv
    http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=MOV01006.flv
    we weren't making race passes, so no i didn't have my jacket on we's just playin

pw_Tony
    Damn that thing looks sweet. You must be stoked about it. Question, are you running an intercooler?

gqchris
    Nice looking ride Impatient! Sounds bitchin too. That water looks awesome. Wish we had that out here during the afternoons.

jetboat
    sweet bud!

IMPATIENT 1
    Damn that thing looks sweet. You must be stoked about it. Question, are you running an intercooler?
    nope, wish i had 1 though i've been runnin the timing at 25-26 on super swill and removing a 1/2degree of timing per lb. of boost.. gonna get some race fuel to run this weekend, turn up the timing, jet up alittle more and see if i can finally get triples outta the damn thing. (i'll wear my jacket then )the boat needs more fuel, more carb but i ain't got any more $$$ it'll wait till next yr.

pw_Tony
    nope, wish i had 1 though i've been runnin the timing at 25-26 on super swill and removing a 1/2degree of timing per lb. of boost.. gonna get some race fuel to run this weekend, turn up the timing, jet up alittle more and see if i can finally get triples outta the damn thing. (i'll wear my jacket then )the boat needs more fuel, more carb but i ain't got any more $$$ it'll wait till next yr.
    Running an 8:71? What amount of compression was your motor supposed to put out before boost? And are you running the teflon strips on the rotors? Sorry to bug

IMPATIENT 1
    Running an 8:71? What amount of compression was your motor supposed to put out before boost? And are you running the teflon strips on the rotors? Sorry to bug
    nah, alittle ole heinz 57 weiand street 6-71 i've gotta overdrive it to 12% before it'll make 8lbs(i don't do it on super) i was planning on using a dual plate nitrous kit next season under the carbs and figured i'd better not get the blower stripped until i see what the nitrous will do, the blower went thru a blower service 3yrs ago,just didn't get stripped. i've herd your blower has to be alittle loose to blow nitrous since its cooling the intake charge alot plus dumpin in alot more fuel. kinda like how a alky boat needs more rotor clearence.
    i don't like tellin my compression, some guys i run might and do read on ***boats i had to compensate somewhere since the blower was little

pw_Tony
    Ah ha so there is a secret:idea:
    I'll probably be running a "similar" set up, that's why I'm asking. 6-71 BBF, just curious if a little bump in compression would help it out.... but I get a clue

IMPATIENT 1
    Ah ha so there is a secret:idea:
    I'll probably be running a "similar" set up, that's why I'm asking. 6-71 BBF, just curious if a little bump in compression would help it out.... but I get a clue
    check yo pm, and shhhhhhhhhh

oldbuck40
    check yo pm, and shhhhhhhhhh
    Punk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast