Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying a pontoon?

phebus
    I am talking about three tube billet boats.

djunkie
    On the contrary, I think the steam has run out on the performance boat craze.
    Both type of boats have their place, but with costs, crowds, insurance, fuel etc., the (performance) pontoon boats just make sense. They are no longer slow boats. In the performance realm they are slow, but in reality getting from point A to point B at 40mph + isn't bad on a crowded lake. Plus, the majority of most peoples boating day is spent sitting somewhere (especially with the cost of fuel), and you can't find a better boat for relaxing, so pontoons just make sense for a lot of people.
    My goal is to get a little lake hotrod for the smooth uncrowded days on the lake, but now that I have gotten over the ego needs of a performance boat and seen the benefits of a pontoon, I don't see myself getting rid of it.
    "Performance pontoon"? Have you started drinking already Phebus? Just admit your getting old and can't handle the loud/fast boats anymore. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

djunkie
    But it depends if you are talking about a pontoon or a Tritoon. A tritoon would suit that speed but for a normal 2 pontoon boat would be no where near
    I am talking about three tube billet boats.
    Unfortunately though, those fancy 3 toon "performance" boats aren't very cheap. :jawdrop:

OGShocker
    I usually try to stay away from these threads because I usually get flamed by someone who thinks I'm still trying to sell a boat here but what the heck.....
    Keith Sayre
    I can't figure out why a salesman would try and sell something.
    Nice post, Keith.

MR HARLEY
    Got a great group of friends that own pontoons (Phebus and Shebus, Todd and Dana and Darryl and Theresa), they all seem to love them as do I when they let me hang out on them.

dicudmore
    I was thinking along the same lines but I think for havasu a tri toon would be a must just because it does get a little rougher out there than most lakes.
    two-log boats do fine in Havi...the Sun Tracker that I had (mohave vice has it now) has been over every inch of lake mead, mohave and havasu, oh and nacimiento too--ride never an issue. Think I got splashed ONCE in rough water, the deck just flexes a bit and soaks it right up I can't even tell ya how many dam runs, springs trips, topock, sandbar trips etc I did in it, but it was a lot

pw_Tony
    Also as I have seen from growing up around many friends with boats I've always noticed one thing, the older they would get the bigger, and slower boats they would get. I guess theres an age you just start relizing going fast and having adrenaline pumping just isn't worth it anymore?

djunkie
    two-log boats do fine in Havi...the Sun Tracker that I had (mohave vice has it now) has been over every inch of lake mead, mohave and havasu, oh and nacimiento too--ride never an issue. Think I got splashed ONCE in rough water, the deck just flexes a bit and soaks it right up I can't even tell ya how many dam runs, springs trips, topock, sandbar trips etc I did in it, but it was a lot
    But did it "perform"? :jawdrop: Sorry Phebus. LOL!!!!!!!

phebus
    O.K., the real reason I have a Tritoon is because it is a slow stable ride, and I don't have to worry about my balls getting knocked out of my wife's purse.

djunkie
    O.K., the real reason I have a Tritoon is because it is a slow stable ride, and I don't have to worry about my balls getting knocked out of my wife's purse.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast