Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Thinking of buying a pontoon?

2Driver
    I cant even imagine spending 50 for a toon, But the 50+ grand for one is crazy to me. ...
    In 1991 we bought a brand new JC Tritoon from Gaines Marine fully loaded 350 mercruiser, custom bimini, covers etc etc....
    I remember lauching on Memorial day weekend and driving across the lake thinking: Did I really just pay $25K for a pontoon boat, am I a crazy? We sure had a lot of fun on that boat. If we lived in Havi and had only one boat I think it would be a JC.

Magic34
    The pontoon craze is just before the cruiser craze. I just bypassed the whole tooner thing and saved myself some money.

2Driver
    The pontoon craze is just before the cruiser craze. .
    Then hotels are going to have to rethink their parking situations.

Warlockjer
    Plus I will guarantee it, you will learn to hate the loud noisy boats, especially Magic deck boats. Trust me I had a blown Warlock and do not miss it one bit!!!

wildbillg
    I have been selling boats in Havasu for a lil while now, and I have seen the change of tide rolling towards the pontoon-tritoon in the last few years.
    As our family's grow older and our kids grow and want to bring their kids with them, there is a need for more space on the boat and not to mention there are alot of things on the lake that you miss by doing your 100 mph pass, don't get me wrong, I love to go out on my friends boats and blast up and down the lake at eye watering speeds, but there are all so the times when I want to bring my dogs and the wife and some friends and just do 35-45 mph and enjoy the company of my friends and family for a great day on the boat talking and bbq while beached in a cove.
    I will never give up the idea that I am a "hot boater", but there just comes a time in everyones life when you can look at your self and feel the need for family & friends, over the need for speed.
    I have sold several people their boats on this board, from speed to toons and I have to say it is great to hear all of you having the times of your lives out there, and knowing that I may have helped you in what ever your decision to purchase makes me happy to be part of it..
    Now back to sales-----------------
    Just wait and see what Bennington is going to be coming out with in the next few weeks!! It is going to blow your mind and make channel lounging a whole new way to just hang out.
    I just hope everyone can enjoy their boats for whatever reason we all bought them for, and that is to enjoy the water....
    Bill Gardner
    The Boat Brokers
    Lake Havasu City, Az.
    1-800-488-0258 ext 232

djunkie
    how would you know? I cant even imagine spending 50 for a toon, they are cool in a "family truckster" kind of way. But the 50+ grand for one is crazy to me. Should have bought my Bro's tritoon for 15K though...
    This is exactly the point I was trying to make in this thread...........:idea:

HOOTER SLED-
    If I was gonna spend 50 on a pontoon..........I would just buy a Cheeteh deck...............seriously. Then I would have the best of both worlds.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    If I was gonna spend 50 on a pontoon..........I would just buy a Cheeteh deck...............seriously. Then I would have the best of both worlds.
    Ditto. I would much rather have a deck boat. Then I can still go fast, pull a tube and have a ton of shade and storage. We almost bought one a couple of years ago.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678