Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake board boats...PWC'S of the 21st century!!!

RT21
    Wakeboard boats are way worse the PWC's. Plus, I never see anyone jumping more than a couple feet off those things. They have too much wake for their skills. I would be embarrased throwing that huge wake and not even having the rider get more than 2 feet out of the water. IMHO

Rocknpalms
    I got a large wake over the bow on my 20' Carerra this past weekend by a wakeboard boat that put out a very large wake just out side of the launch ramp and no wake buoys.
    When I saw the size of the wake I got off plane and used the throttle to keep the bow up. The bow pitched into the second wave and dug deep into the water.
    No kidding a wall of water hit our face, the kids and the intake scoop. Lucky I keep it facing rear. Stereo wet, phones wet, kids scared.
    So if this boat owner is responsible for his wake were do I make the claim for the new stereo and phones. Or do I need to pay him for the cleaning the sand out of the carpet.
    I could do without them also. "Squids"

rmarion
    I love being behind them at the ramp.They have to set there unload all the gear,wax the boards ,polish the speakers ,talk on the phone,fill the ballast bags,load the coolers and act like there doing nothing wrong while theres 15 trucks waiting.
    those guys/gals are not boaters..........from a fishing boat, dingys, PWC, you name it..... thats what the staging area is for.....
    it should not take more than a few minutes to launch a boat...... if it does, it time for Etiquette and trailer driving lessons.....

Goad
    I love being behind them at the ramp.They have to set there unload all the gear,wax the boards ,polish the speakers ,talk on the phone,fill the ballast bags,load the coolers and act like there doing nothing wrong while theres 15 trucks waiting.
    ...only to go to the sand bar and back.
    They are all posers....theres one in every sport.....snowboarding, motocross, etc......all clueless as to what they are doing and whats going on around them......it will never go away no matter what you do.

cave
    Get the hull number and report it to the coppers. When my Biesemier was swamped by another boat I learned about this all to well. If you incur a loss do to another boats wake they are responsible. Boat cop may be better informed than I but the Sher riff here locally informed me of this little maritime rule. To bad for me that I didnt get the numbers.

buddude8
    Dont be jealous just buy one I did. I had a 25' eliminator for 8 years and sold it for a 7000lb mastercraft. I got sick of getting inconsistent wakes, and that is why i drive 4 hrs to the river is to wakeboard, ski, and wakesurf. Not so much drinking. Not all of us are idiots, just like all of the people that buy powerboats arent idiots. i my self launch early get my wakeboarding and surfing out of the way, chill the rest of the day and wait until about 7pm to go out again. There was just as many idiots that bought powerboats back in the late 90's when that was the craze. Lastly lets not forget, I havent heard of any wakeboard boats running over people and killing them. How many times have you read about newbie drunk powerboat owners that cant handle thier boat or liquor causing deadly accidents. Thats all RANT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uLtRADeNniS
    Yep.......
    that about sums it up..........
    Gotta LOVE IT!!!!!!!
    PS, don't knock it till ya try it.......
    music that you don't enjoy listen to = CHIT
    I'm sure you'd be ROCKIN your music if you could...don't be such a HATER!!!!!!!!
    you must of passed us a few times.........
    Hey this is Hot Boat.com...Not GayWakebordboat.com...Take your BS somewhere else.
    Lastly lets not forget, I havent heard of any wakeboard boats running over people and killing them. How many times have you read about newbie drunk powerboat owners that cant handle thier boat or liquor causing deadly accidents. Thats all RANT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have!
    I also just read a thread of a bunch of dipshits that started a fight at the sandbar a few weeks ago.. In fact.. almost every time I got to the sandbar...I see some bandanna wearing flat bill hat dipshits trying to pick a fight with someone....And guess what they are always in...Wakeboard boats.
    Now I'm not putting you in that category...Even though you put all performance boaters in the reckless driving newbie one
    Dennis,
    Last summer going down river I hit the wake of one the large London Bridge jet boats and launched my two rear seat cushions into the river. Mike B (shippingguy) hit one and launched his wife (Holly) and she landed on one of the front seats on her ribs.
    Everyone has the right to use the waterway safely, I know this. I still can't stand the wake boarders making as much of a mess of the water as they possibly can. However, it was way worse when I had a V bottom.
    Nevermind
    Man thats crazy. When I hit those or the wakeboard boat wakes..I usually fly 3 feet outta the water then my engine stalls.
    When are you headed back to the river? I'll be up this weekend and Labor day.
    I think we've also forgot to mention how they pull a tube and zig zag all across the river not looking for traffic. I dont think they ever notice the 10 boats cruising far behind them waiting for an opportunity to pass.:idea:

Speedin' Ian
    I'm sure all those yuppy wakeboarders are much more dangerous than the guys driving big powerboats capable of 100+ . I think it is important to remember that their are idiots in all types of boats. I had a 25' Commander and now I have a 22' Tige, and I am pretty sure I have just as much right to the river as any other boat there.

Moneypitt
    Make a big issue out of taking pictures of the wakebarges hull numbers. That way you will have a record of the numbers and photo proof of the description of the boat. If everyone that suffers damage started calling the LE, filing claims, and just generally screwing the wakebarges, their insurance would cancel them, it would get real expensive to contest all the claims that could be made in just one day at Parker......All the docked boats banging on the docks, all the shoreline erosion, all the damaged speakers/stereos, and swamped/sank boats.......I could see thousands of dollars in claims in just a couple of hours.......I think the way to handle them is just park in front of them and roll film........Get numbers, and file reports, EVERYBODY file reports.......Over and over........LE will get tired of making reports, and sooner or later will ban them from the river..........To those that go out early, and then again at 7pm, WHEN do you think the real show on the river goes out? Trust me, people would much rather watch a hydro or flattie making a speed pass than to watch some dork wakeboarder....Go to the OCEAN and SURF REAL WAVES.............Or better yet, get real close to the exhaust pipes and have fun on the river.............MP

YODA
    Is this Hot Boat or Hate Boat??? Whot a bunch of whineyazz beeches!!!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast