Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake board boats...PWC'S of the 21st century!!!

uLtRADeNniS
    Why don't you take your "big boat" to the ocean? Or is it too rough for you?
    I think you should quite while your ahead "mr arrogant".... "I mean Mr I have no clue what Im talking about". :idea:
    Why dont you go back to your boyfriend..or is he too rough for you??

hoolign
    Someone watched fight club a few to many times

mbrown2
    It's not the boat...its the boaters...everyone is responsible for the wake, and their idiocy....maybe folks should get licenses before the boat..
    I will take a responsible wakesurfer doing 10mph out in front of my dock on a Sunday afternoon when the river is less crowded then some idiot river rat in a boat that sounds like crap, and louder then it is fast, some jet skier not looking before they turn, or some idiot boater in general in any boat that goes faster then 40mph and does not know how to navigate the river...
    Get used to it, times are changing and all the restored biesmeyers is not going to change that...so you better start teaching your flatbill kid now how to respect others on the water....cause the next generation will buy far more roll bar boats then other boats due to insurance, emission restriction and noise laws against powerboats...

Moneypitt
    I have no big boats........But if I did I would be sure to zig zag back and forth in front of every wakebarge I see. All the while filming your destructive wake as evidence for the people who's property you damage.....I may just quit my job and become a full time wake cop. I could live off a percentage of what the property owners collected from you and the insurance company you use to have..................MP

rmarion
    it wouldn't be so bad if the music sounded good(i like all music) but you guys buy the CHEAPEST FOCKING COFFIE CAN SPEAKERS THAT SOUND LIKE SHIT! no subs just am radio
    not everyone..........
    and ya won't please evryone with the music of choice..... lucky for me, my boys enjoy some oldies rock.... little bit of everything from Led, Stones, Petty, ACDC, ZZ, my brides gets tired of ACDC pretty quickly, her choice is some country...... we tend to turn down the sound with her choice....... we try to please everyone..... except moneypitt....... I hope he finds that perfect water of his choice......

Moneypitt
    not everyone..........
    and ya won't please evryone with the music of choice..... lucky for me, my boys enjoy some oldies rock.... little bit of everything from Led, Stones, Petty, ACDC, ZZ, my brides gets tired of ACDC pretty quickly, her choice is some country...... we tend to turn down the sound with her choice....... we try to please everyone..... except moneypitt....... I hope he finds that perfect water of his choice......
    And I hope you find the water of your choice. When I find mine, I'll leave it as I found it, quiet, flat, and glassy, how about you?............MP

rmarion
    And I hope you find the water of your choice. When I find mine, I'll leave it as I found it, quiet, flat, and glassy, how about you?............MP
    when I launch, I go down river away from all crowds normally 8 miles, if I see two boats, thats two too many...
    this is where we board......... nothing but rocks lining the river.....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...g?t=1187675121
    quiet????? do you hear the tree when it falls in a forest......... only if your there..........
    you won't hear me, cause if I see you.....thats too many boats for me.....
    we enjoy smooth flat water......... there's no flatie around, cause no one is watching.........
    Enjoy the water.........

rmarion
    about two feet is all I got........ but I do get enjoyment from going wake to wake.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...g?t=1187675563

Coach
    This is comedy to me.
    I use to be a "***boat" owner. Sold it and bought a "wake" boat. I tow it with a 1994 F-150 not such a yuppy car as described above.
    Yes it can throw a big wake, but so does a pontoon's or any other 28+ plus boat.
    Yes you need glass to board just like a skier needs it. Surfing can be done without good water, but a bunch of rollers make it harder.
    You are not the only boater on the water and we all have our ways of having fun. Some are on the PWC's, others fish, others board, and some just go fast. To each their own just be safe and respectful for one another. Don't come on and rant about one type of boater and stereotype them. You might as well start saying all Mexicans are illegal. Totally ridiculous. And by the way when I am tubing my kids I am playing some sweet songs like "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" or some sweet songs by the Wiggles. No really! My 2 year old son likes The Ramones blitzkrieg bop when he is skiing. If you want to hear rock and not see any flatbillers come by my boat anytime.

AirtimeLavey
    Funny when boats are sunk, people injured, docks damaged, shoreline eroded?? There is nothing funny about sitting in a freeboard challenged boat and see some azzhole coming right at you kicking 4 or 5 ft rollers......Not funny at all.......We are all responsible for our boats wake, even the people that think it is funny......Shoot your shot of the beer in my hand, (never) because that is legal. Purposely making a destructive wake is not legal, and worse than that, it isn't right. Argue all you want, you have no point. The wakeboard boaters are selfish, inconsiderate, and totally oblivous to anyone else's right to use the water......You wakeboard guys will easily recconize me, I'll be the one that passes you and stops so you'll have to come off plane, then I'll pass you again, and do it again, all day long. Go to Havasu, or do the big boats make it to rough for you?........MP
    PS The land owners along the river would just love to have video of your boat causing damage to their "in need of repair" docks...Guess who will pay?......
    Yep, the hypothetical injury and damage you speak of is not a good thing. I would say then, you must boat in an area where there are no tour boats, houseboats, or production boats larger than 22'. Because all of those put out HUGE wakes. Even the large (28'+) customs put out big wakes. I now have a 24' Lavey and unless I'm on plane, I put out a big wake. My 19' low pro jet boat put out a big wake until I was all the way up. Wind makes chop that can overtop many low pro boats. I wouldn't take a 19' jet (although I did once :jawdrop: ) out in the basin on Mohave on a windy afternoon. What are you going to do? It's all part of it.
    Unfortunately, you just can't teach manners to some people, but don't stereotype the category. Like someone else said, you'll be seeing more and more of them owned by people like me - non-flatbillers, with families that love the water. Btw, I've never seen a 4 to 5 ft. wake put out by one of these. That's knarly, Dude!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast