Thread: Has anyone heard of a Sandpiper Jet boat? Any info would be great!

N/AZZ502
    I have a 1980 Sandpiper and I am very happy with it. I have searched high every avenue to find info about it but come up empty handed. Any of you out there know any info about these? It looks just like a Carrera Eclipse. Thanks!:idea:

502 JET
    The only sandpiper I find is a sailboat.
    Is sandpiper the model name or manufacturer? What are the first 3 letters of your HIN number? Insert them on the MIC line HERE (http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm) and click search and you should find out who made the boat.

I have a 1980 Sandpiper and I am very happy with it. I have searched high every avenue to find info about it but come up empty handed. Any of you out there know any info about these? It looks just like a Carrera Eclipse. Thanks!:idea:
    any pics? if you don't know how to post them ... e-mail them to brian@socalracefuels.com and I'll put them up for you.

N/AZZ502
    I found out the maker of the boat was J & H performance marine and that is also the maker of my trailer. It is a very nice hull and seems to have a light layup and full stringers...I have had the boat for about 5 months. When I bought it was supposed to be a turn key boat but soon found out it was not. I spent the next 2 months dialing in the carbs (dual Holleys) and dealing with a heating issue. Come to find out they put a cheapo plastic wear ring in that clogged all my cooling lines . After taking them all off and clearing them all out it still overheated so I took the pump all the way down and rebuilt the entire thing with new parts from the thrust bearing on back and a new impeller,wear ring and still got warm... took the thermo housing apart and the gate was stuck after all this I finally got her running cool and damn does she run hard!:devil: Been having fun since. This ZZ502 runs very strong and this is my 3rd jet boat and by far runs the fastest,straitest,and handles very well.
    Thanks again for the info and let me in on any other info you may find out.

N/AZZ502
    I am hitting an honest 84.7 on GPS @ 4900RPM and still have yet to run her WOT with a new loader. I am thinking of changing out my chip on my MSD to a 5200RPM's Any thoughts? She is running very stable and like an arrow!:sqeyes: