Thread: Engine placement / mounting plate questions

sintax
    I'm looking at an older Howard cruiser. It had a turbo'd 460 ford that lost the bottom end and is now in parts. I'm not a big ford guy (no offense Don) and if i picked the boat up i'd want to convert it over to a chevy power plant.
    Who would be a good local So.Cal shop that I could talk to about setting this up right he first time. I figure since i'm doing new plates, I might as well set up the correct engine placement and adjust the strut angle if needed.
    I know its very hard to estimate this kinda thing, but anyone have any clue what i'd be looking at for the above work? all driveline hardware is there.
    Thanks

You need to call Rick king. he is close to you he will do it right the first time. i'm here at work i don't have his number . i'm sure
    others will have it. good luck

GofastRacer
    Here ya go!...
    (909)628-0215

Marty Gras
    He's a good choice, but I only rigged about 20 or 25 of those 21's in the 1980's Where is the strut mounted right now? (from the transom) and how much power will you be putting into the boat? If my shop did your boat originally, it would have full motor rails, split case Casale and the proper shaft angle. If you have something else, "that's what you have". Good luck and stay safe!

÷קmᮆښ×÷
    He's a good choice, but I only rigged about 20 or 25 of those 21's in the 1980's Where is the strut mounted right now? (from the transom) and how much power will you be putting into the boat? If my shop did your boat originally, it would have full motor rails, split case Casale and the proper shaft angle. If you have something else, "that's what you have". Good luck and stay safe!
    your shop? who was that? or is this just another atempt of yours to take credit for someone elses work???:idea:

sintax
    If my shop did your boat originally, it would have full motor rails, split case Casale and the proper shaft angle. If you have something else, "that's what you have". Good luck and stay safe!
    Well, this one does not have a split case in it, its got a C-500 in it. I only took a short glance at the engine bay but I did not see any engine rails either. It looked like there were mounts for fixed plates.