Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "HONCHO" material list.....

dmontzsta
    With that all black pic, I just pictured an A-Team boat, that would be kick ass, just add some red and a machine gun to the bow.

BILLY.B
    I ain't no expert at anything. Never have been, and never will be.
    But Billy and I do have one thing in common. We both have at least one "wally" trophy for best appearing car at an NHRA national event. Only 23 of those given out on planet earth every year.
    And one other thing. We both know that he may have purchased a full gallon, but he didn't spray a gallon. The whole boat was sprayed 2 and in some instance's 3 times (black) to find the inperfections before the final black was done. Spraying the whole boat black first lets you see the finished product way before it's done. You have a "Wally"?. I didn't know that!!!. Way cool aren't they. I've been very fortunate to have done some cars for some really great people who go out of there way to have a cool paint job done that they take care of and always give me the credit for giving them something to be proud of. Randy Goodwin won best appearing car awards at 2 national events with his TAFC back in the late 90's and so did Johnny Gray with his TAFC. I was able to get Wally's from both of those cars along with the "Taco Bell" TF dragster that John Andretti drove for Jack Clark. The latest Wally came from Les & Jenette Harris's super comp car "Maui Style". They were so cool that they sent the Wally to my shop and I was unaware that they had done this for me. Super great people. Sorry for rambling but that is the one thing that I really feel good about when I see them. Not to many non-racers have them. Not to mention that people do appreciate the hard work that goes into these jobs.

BIGCHRIS
    I"ve helped on a couple of metal flake jobs myself and no doubt,if you want it slick theres a ass of sanding and clearing.Hope to see that boat in person i am sure it is flawless Hold it down Dudes

I cant believe none of you guys brought up the fact that there were 14, $.99 bags of ranch and plain salted sunflower seeds in the material bill!
    everytime i get over there i get hungry thinking of the snow on the roof, walking throught the seed shells on the floor to my table @ the good ol' "Northwoods inn"
    ... although Everest will do just fine tomorrow!

fc-pilot
    The whole boat was sprayed 2 and in some instance's 3 times (black) to find the inperfections before the final black was done.
    We were talking about that tonight and thought that might be how you went through that much black. At first thought it was hard to imagine that you could have used that much for just one base layer, but then thinking that you might have used it to find imperfections made sense. There is no question the job you did is absolutely awesome. I am sure Jamie is proud.
    Paul

BILLY.B
    Except for the gallon of Black. I am going to pull a gordie on this deal and say you are full of crap. Two quarts MAX!I know you guys wouldn't be calling me a liar so i'm sure you forgot that the bottom of the boat is also done in flake. Which in layman terms means I painted the bottom black also before any type of color was applied.:idea:

Rattle Can Lou
    Let's just face the facts here guys...Ol' Billy hosed his brother in law for a coupla quarts a black. No big deal. As the saying goes..."Bada Bing Bada Bang, were in, were out and nobody gets hurt". Hey Billy, if Jerry gets the Royal Red Ass over the deal..lemme know and I'll kick ya down a half gallon a da flesh tone...as my buddy Burnie calls it. RCL, just keepin it reeeeeal.

WannabeRacing
    The thing looks good. Can't wait to see it in person.
    I tried shooting a huge heavy flake a few weeks ago. All the guns that I am shooting with now don't like that stuff. Gotta break out the old Binks #7 primer gun. Or maybe just need to get a drywall gun for that stuff.
    Paul wants to do the entire Hallett in heavy flake. Not sure he knows what we are getting into with that. But it looks like no other when it is done.
    I guess I am stingy with my paint. This took me right at 1/2 a quart sprayable.
    http://www.wannaberacing.net/wan1206.jpg

BobbyB
    With that all black pic, I just pictured an A-Team boat, that would be kick ass, just add some red and a machine gun to the bow.
    I think you'll need a little charcoal grey too :idea:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...8&d=1187822739

TUNNEL T
    you can see the labor bill ring up when you see those pics .great job TUNNEL T

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast