Thread: No More Fast Boats

speeddmn
    Did anyone post on here about the article in the July Hot Boat about the new emissions law that they are trying to pass in Cali? If someone already did-Sorry for doing it again, but I want to make sure we all saw this and filled out the survey. It is on page 104 www.hpboatsurvey.com

OGShocker
    Survey has ended.

Jbb
    Survey sez.....No more Hot Boats....
    https://www.***boat.com/forums/attac...1&d=1187704001

TCHB
    It is a matter of time before boats will be like new cars. Controls that are set to a standard for Nox levels and mufflers for sound. I still think we will have fast boats they will just be quieter and much cleaner on the air side. Look at all the fast cars we have today that meet the new standards.

KLEPTOW
    It is a matter of time before boats will be like new cars. Controls that are set to a standard for Nox levels and mufflers for sound. I still think we will have fast boats they will just be quieter and much cleaner on the air side. Look at all the fast cars we have today that meet the new standards.
    You would be surprised at how many new cars & trucks don't meet EPA standards, but are waivered in because of sales volume.

RiverToysJas
    You forgot.....and cost 4 times more. :notam:
    RTJas

Havasu_Dreamin
    Mufflers are already required to meet CA noise limits.....

phebus
    I would think Mercury Marine is loving this. They have the $$$$ to make compliant motors, while the smaller guys don't.

GoCiggie31
    You forgot.....and cost 4 times more. :notam:
    RTJas
    so true...but cost aside...it is amazing when you compare all the advances that have been made in the commercial vehicle.
    besides amount of power produced per c.i.
    - the fit and finish of todays grocery-getter is almost world class by yesterdays stds
    -safety advancements
    -creature comforts...
    but yes, we are all paying for it.