Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY Got it wet!!

thatguy
    OH BOY!,
    After 1 full year, a wasted cam on fire-up and re-pulling to get the coupler in, finally got the Miller in the water.
    WORTH THE EFFORT!!!
    Took it to Shasta first, my god the water is low! Fired up, took it easy for a while, no real wide open blasts. NO LEAKS!!!
    Couple days later went to Whiskeytown. (Saturday)
    Blasted around a little then got into some hot laps with a hondo, a Tahiti, and A picklefork of some kind. We raced around some shoal bouys, maybe 300-400 feet apart. WOW!! Boat went straight to 5200RPM, set flat and straight, and ROCKETED straight to the bouy. Spun on a dime, and BAM! straight back on set and literally missiling to the next bouy. Don't know how fast but I could not be more pleased. Even my Wife could not believe that something I built ran like that. By lap #3, I was lapping them and we quit.
    Never missed, popped, sputtered, nothing. Ran like a freakin' swiss watch.
    Damn I am happy!!!
    Tommy

one of the two best days a boat owner has! Gettin her wet for the first time,....and selin it! lol
    Stokked for you! congrats!

'75 Miller
    Very nice Tommy, well done. How much power? What all's been done to the pump?
    Sure is a beautiful Miller, congrats!

thatguy
    Very nice Tommy, well done. How much power? What all's been done to the pump?
    Sure is a beautiful Miller, congrats!
    Thanks a bunch!!
    Pump is absolutley stock, 1 piece bowl. I believe it has a B impeller. Pump is this winter's project.
    As far as power, I did not dyno it, but guessing from engines I have dyno'd and it's performance I will go out on a limb and say high 500 something. Pulls like a tourque monster!
    10:1 Compression
    .575 lift straight across (Hyd.)
    284 Dur. 245 @ .050
    Brodix BB1 280cc Rect. 119cc Chambers. Aluminum
    2 660's
    Balanced
    MSD
    Holley Blue marine pump @ 5 lbs. (Never varied)

GAWnCA
    Thanks a bunch!!
    Pump is absolutley stock, 1 piece bowl. I believe it has a B impeller. Pump is this winter's project.
    As far as power, I did not dyno it, but guessing from engines I have dyno'd and it's performance I will go out on a limb and say high 500 something. Pulls like a tourque monster!
    10:1 Compression
    .575 lift straight across (Hyd.)
    284 Dur. 245 @ .050
    Brodix BB1 280cc Rect. 119cc Chambers. Aluminum
    2 660's
    Balanced
    MSD
    Holley Blue marine pump @ 5 lbs. (Never varied)
    Damn Tommy, Nice rig. Maybe there's hope for the 75 Miller I just picked up a couple of weeks ago.
    Here's my Miller![/B]
    http://home.comcast.net/~gregaw/Miller_at_Home.jpg
    Greg

thatguy
    Damn Tommy, Nice rig. Maybe there's hope for the 75 Miller I just picked up a couple of weeks ago.
    Here's my Miller![/B]
    http://home.comcast.net/~gregaw/Miller_at_Home.jpg
    Greg
    Sweet!
    This is my second 79' Miller. This one is much nicer than my first, but iidenticle hulls. I also have a 73' Eliminator Flat V-Drive. I gotta say the Miller is like a cadilac on steroids. Easily the best riding jet hull I have ridden in, although I am certain there are many just as smooth. Not sure I can get the wife back in the flat after the plush ride in the Miller. Its like being shot out of a sling shot. I am sure you will be more than pleased with yours!!
    Tommy

GAWnCA
    Sweet!
    This is my second 79' Miller. This one is much nicer than my first, but iidenticle hulls. I also have a 73' Eliminator Flat V-Drive. I gotta say the Miller is like a cadilac on steroids. Easily the best riding jet hull I have ridden in, although I am certain there are many just as smooth. Not sure I can get the wife back in the flat after the plush ride in the Miller. Its like being shot out of a sling shot. I am sure you will be more than pleased with yours!!
    Tommy
    Thanks Tommy, This is my first jet boat so I'm anxious to get it wet this week or on the week-end. I've had water plumbing issues that are ironed out now. There's electrical issues that after I get back to my HONEY DO list and get some of those projects caught up, I'll get re-wired. After that, I think most everything else is cosmetics. The hull has seen better days but with some fiberglass and filler, it'll be ready for paint. As far as I can tell, even the upholstery is original.
    Greg

thatguy
    Thanks Tommy, This is my first jet boat so I'm anxious to get it wet this week or on the week-end. I've had water plumbing issues that are ironed out now. There's electrical issues that after I get back to my HONEY DO list and get some of those projects caught up, I'll get re-wired. After that, I think most everything else is cosmetics. The hull has seen better days but with some fiberglass and filler, it'll be ready for paint. As far as I can tell, even the upholstery is original.
    Greg
    Good Deal!
    They all need some work when you get them, thats for sure! I got the Yellow one a year ago and was just in awe of the condition of the hull. It had some sort of PAW rebuilder engine in it. We took it out once and got passed by a bass boat. Went straight home and pulled the engine! Yeah, I got a little carried away with it!
    Mine could use a little TLC on the wiring end of it. Under dash and the harness are intact and straight, but by no means as new. The ignition and fuel pump wiring I added are nice and clean,(and in yellow jacketing) but the boat half from the terminal bar on the engine will need addressed eventually.
    Tommy

GAWnCA
    Good Deal!
    They all need some work when you get them, thats for sure! I got the Yellow one a year ago and was just in awe of the condition of the hull. It had some sort of PAW rebuilder engine in it. We took it out once and got passed by a bass boat. Went straight home and pulled the engine! Yeah, I got a little carried away with it!
    Mine could use a little TLC on the wiring end of it. Under dash and the harness are intact and straight, but by no means as new. The ignition and fuel pump wiring I added are nice and clean,(and in yellow jacketing) but the boat half from the terminal bar on the engine will need addressed eventually.
    Tommy
    Here's the mess under my dash as it stands:
    http://home.comcast.net/~gregaw/guages_001_sm.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~gregaw/guages_002_sm.jpg
    and
    http://home.comcast.net/~gregaw/guages_003_sm.jpg
    I can't find a common ground for the fuel guage and had to run a seperate wire back to the block to get it to work. Strange!
    Greg

camoman
    Well i was waiting for this post for some time Glad to see all went well good job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast