Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You to everyone.

JOHNNY44
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and support. I was finally released from St. Mary's Long Beach Hospital friday night and got home Saturday morning. The staff at that hospital was awesome, they couldn't have made such a miserable situation soo comfortable.
    All the people who have written, called, and stopped by- Thank You. This is why I love boat racing, it is like a huge family that i am so happy to be a part of. Everyone has been soo supportive.
    I guess it was kinda rough out there, but at this point and time I still don't remember any part of the wreck. I remember waking up at St. Marys. I was wearing a brand new SRP inboard racing jacket. The doctors said that the neck restraint worked beautifully but for some reason the jacket did not right me in the water, which caused me to drown. I was treated for a severly sprained left ankle, multiple bruises and lacerations on my left side, and for a salt water drowning. It is gonna be a slow recovery for my lungs, which gain more strength everyday, but by the grace of god I am still here.
    The Bezer was destroyed, but my family and I have a new Daytona hull at home ready for rigging. Hopefully some race soon we will have SS44 back out there racing, we love it too much to stop. But for now hopefully I can see everyone at San Diego. Once again thank you for all your support. Boaters, Boat Racers are the best kind of people.
    Thanks,
    John Willoby Jr. SS44

WannabeRacing
    We are all really glad to hear that you are doing better. Looked a little hairy for a while there. Hope that everything continues to improve. If you need anything for that new boat, let us know.

dossangers
    FANTASTIC NEWS Glad your OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Glad to hear you're ok John! Definately a rough deal!
    Take her ez.
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...s/DSC02698.JPG

riverjunkie
    Very glad to hear you are back home and doing better. Take it easy and hope for a speedy recovery.

John, great to hear from you. Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Ralph Brunt
    that wreck happend right in front of me and it looked bad, i'm sure glad your ok. take it slow then get back in the saddle.
    ralph

Chris Kenner - PS681
    John, very glad your doing well. Even better news that you are home mate. Great that your helmet restraint worked as it should for you. I would not race without one, in fact since I started racing I never have.
    I have your's & Jeff's APBA race cards so you know. E-mail me with your address & I'll send them to you.
    Looking forward to seeing at the races soon. Take care mate.

gnRacer98
    Good to hear your doing well!

GofastRacer
    Glad to hear things are going well, best wishes for a speedy recovery!..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast