Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roosevelt for Labor Day Weekend

Magic34
    Anyone else going?

upsman105
    Friends of mine were trying to talk me into going, but I am worried that it would be too hot. My other problem is I can't tow my travel trailer and my boat all the way up there, and it is too far to make two trips, like I usually do when I spend the weekend at pleasant..... Oh wait is that too much information????

Magic34
    Friends of mine were trying to talk me into going, but I am worried that it would be too hot. My other problem is I can't tow my travel trailer and my boat all the way up there, and it is too far to make two trips, like I usually do when I spend the weekend at pleasant..... Oh wait is that too much information????
    Wont be too hot and it usually rains every afternoon dropping the temp. If you bring a friend, have them tow the trailer and you tow the boat.
    I understand what you are saying though, I did that at Pleasant, and last year was my last time. It sucked, which is another reason I bought that boat in my sig.

squirt'nmyload
    I understand what you are saying though, I did that at Pleasant, and last year was my last time. It sucked, which is another reason I bought that boat in my sig.
    i'd go crazy to have to stay on the boat at pleasant the whole time, no matter what kinda boat it is. it sure is fun to have a place on the ground up there so you can hang out, ride in the desert or do many of the other things the marina has to offer

Magic34
    i'd go crazy to have to stay on the boat at pleasant the whole time, no matter what kinda boat it is. it sure is fun to have a place on the ground up there so you can hang out, ride in the desert or do many of the other things the marina has to offer
    Hiking that hill and all the dock at the marina with 2 kids... i'll lock them in the boat and take my chances. Having my toyhauler there was great, but damn, it was a TON of work. Didn't feel like I had a weekend off.

squirt'nmyload
    Hiking that hill and all the dock at the marina with 2 kids... i'll lock them in the boat and take my chances. Having my toyhauler there was great, but damn, it was a TON of work. Didn't feel like I had a weekend off.
    i guess taking a boat and toyhauler/trailer would be quite a chore. we rarely walked up the hill, we would call john, the golf cart taxi guy, when we pulled into the slip. he picks us up right at the boat!!!! and vise versa

CMac
    I'll see if Labor Day is open.
    Marina life is the sh**#t. We used to do both, but I love going to the bar and resturant and walking back to the air conditioned boat afterwards for a nice glass of wine on deck.

Magic34
    i guess taking a boat and toyhauler/trailer would be quite a chore. we rarely walked up the hill, we would call john, the golf cart taxi guy, when we pulled into the slip. he picks us up right at the boat!!!! and vise versa
    I would always get stuck at dock 8 with my cat. Dock 8 is the last one out, first one in with all the houseboats. It would have been faster to put the boat back on the trailer. :sleeping:
    After the Memorial Day 2006, I wanted to die!
    Thursday night at 9 PM... Drive the 40' Weekend Warrior out there. Get hooked up with water and power. Oh sh*t... The hookups are where the back of the trailer is and I only have 25' of lenght and need to go 35'. OK... Back the trailer over the rope into the grass island... Hello sprinklers. Head back to Mesa, but have to stop in Chandler to get the boat. Got home around 12:30 AM.
    Friday afternoon... After spending a few hours getting the boat ready and clean, now head to Pleasant. Get there and leave the boat on the trailer to launch in the AM... Not too stressful of a day.
    Saturday... Launch the boat before it gets too busy and tie it up off of the dock. Hike the hill, carry the little girl down and the extra 10 bags of stuff the wife wants to bring. Get to the boat, boat all day... Tie the boat up at the dock. Throw a 1000# cooler over my shoulder and start my 3 mile hike of dock space.get to the base of the ramp, look for golf cart.. Cant find one, hike the #%&$(@& hill... Pass out from exhaustion for 7 minutes, then BBQ for everyone until 9 PM in the dirt. Watch a movie and go to sleep from being beat. Cant sleep, loud stereo bumping 200 feet behind me. Nicely go ask to turn down the bass. They do, but that damn sound wave travels far.
    Sunday... Same as focking Saturday.
    Monday... Clean up trailer and Get the fock home. Clean boat up.
    Tuesday... Return boat to garage in Chandler. Go back to Pleasant to get Trailer. Get to trailer and clean up around and unhook everything. go to RV dump. Dump RV. Take trailer back to Chandler next to boat garage. Unhook trailer and look for gun to shoot self in head.
    Needless to say... I bought a boat that has some features the toy hauler.
    Now... Launch boat, relax on water. put boat in slip, BBQ on swim platform, turn on satellite TV, watch a movie, go to sleep, wake up... already on boat in water and ready to go.

Magic34
    I'll see if Labor Day is open.
    Marina life is the sh**#t. We used to do both, but I love going to the bar and resturant and walking back to the air conditioned boat afterwards for a nice glass of wine on deck.
    Let me know.
    We will be there Friday around noon through Sunday afternoon.

squirt'nmyload
    Cant sleep, loud stereo bumping 200 feet behind me. Nicely go ask to turn down the bass. They do, but that damn sound wave travels far.
    oh shit....that was you??????....lmao.....that whole ordeal sounds like a HUGE hassle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast