Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F150 Performance??

76elimspecial
    Has anybody added any performance parts or systems to a new F150 with a 5.4L. You know...... exhaust, intake, chip, or anything else. If so what was the result. I need to get some more power and hopefully >MPG. Any help would be much appreciated.

LUVNLIFE
    No performance since it's a Ford Just joking with ya. Post this down in tow rigs and you will get alot of helpful info.

Jesster
    I've got an 07 F150 Supercrew FX4 and recently installed the Edge programmer. MPG went up about 1.5 to 2 MPG. Also added a Truxedo LoPro bed cover and it helped a little also. I get about 16 or so back and forth to Havi doing 80-85. If I drop it back to 70 to 75 it jumps to about 19-20 but I can do that for very long . Combo driving is about 13-14. I have been thinking of doing a cold air kit and electric fans but havent done it yet. I like a quite vehicle and I think the cold air kits increase the intake air volume to much. If anybody has a cold air kit that isnt loud, and helped, lem me know.

pw_Tony
    Put a throttle body spacer, cold air intake, and dual exhaust on my buddy's 05 f150. He says he can feel the difference.
    It has 35" tires, and before he could NOT burn out at all, now he can't help but waist his tires away every chance he gets

YeLLowBoaT
    My cousin has a 07 F150 with the 5.4L and I must say I was not impressed with it at ALL. It was a slug towing the boat (yes I was driving it too). It actually didnt do too much better than my '93 Yukon with 157,000 miles on it. And he has a pretty nice cat-back kit on there too. I would think you would notice the most difference with the programmer than anything else.
    which rear end? I've been looking really hard at the 07 F150( as there are deals to be made on them right now...)
    I've gone on test drives and they seem to have plenty of power with the 5.4, but how it will do towing is another story. I've not driven one with a 3.73 in it... only the 4.10s.

shrek
    My cousin has a 07 F150 with the 5.4L and I must say I was not impressed with it at ALL. It was a slug towing the boat (yes I was driving it too). It actually didnt do too much better than my '93 Yukon with 157,000 miles on it. And he has a pretty nice cat-back kit on there too. I would think you would notice the most difference with the programmer than anything else.
    I honestly believe that the 3V (2004+) 5.4 is one of the best engines that Ford has ever built.
    I tow my boat (7000lb) with it, my toyhauler (12000), and all different pieces of const. equipment with it..........and it tows great. The 5.4, combined with the Torqshift is a great combo. It is not the fastest thing off the line, but you dont really need that when towing...........
    Shrek

76elimspecial
    Thanks for the info. I know I need to gear it as it came with 3.55's. Dont know why.

ultra27jay
    Thanks for the info. I know I need to gear it as it came with 3.55's. Dont know why.
    let me know if u are gona buy any thing i got it all in stock over here in aliso viejo. at EXTREME TRUCKS. we have been doing alot of afe filter intakes, magna flow cat back exhaust and superchips prower programers, and let me tell u what a difference. u will notice the first thing is the throttle lag is gone off the line, big improvement. feel free to call me at the shop for some priceing 949-215-9757 ask for jay....

spectras only
    Don't know what the F-150 weighs but for comparison ,my 03 Navigator built on the F-150 hydroformed frame . The Navi has the Intech [ DOHC 32 V ] engine , has excellent pickup without TC , does the slalom test at 59.8 mph with its fully independent suspension and it tows my 8380 lbs boat/trailer
    great.I imagine it would be even better with 4.10 gears :idea: .
    I have the cold air intake from the factory , and I just removed the external airbox [ hooter control ] with not much of a differece as throttle noise concerned .
    I've substituted the airbox with some tubing and rubber gators I've found at work
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Air%20intake%202
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Air%20intake

Excessive Force
    I honestly believe that the 3V (2004+) 5.4 is one of the best engines that Ford has ever built.
    I tow my boat (7000lb) with it, my toyhauler (12000), and all different pieces of const. equipment with it..........and it tows great. The 5.4, combined with the Torqshift is a great combo. It is not the fastest thing off the line, but you dont really need that when towing...........
    Shrek
    what tow vehicle do you have?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast