Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Q. Any car dealers/executive know about this?

Second "PLACE"
    I may be able to shed some light on this subject being employed by PENSKE. You are correct-Roger Penske has been awarded the U.S. Distributor for Smart USA. There has been alot of interest generated for this product. Locally, we will have a SMART dealer in Santa Monica, and West Covina, Ca.
    Our Merdcedes-Benz of West Covina Retail Center will be adding Penske Smart to the property, scheduled for January 2008. You may recal back in April of this year, the media had alot of coverage on the "SMART" demo drive that toured the country. One of the stops for this tour was at our West Covina MBZ store. For this one day event, we estimated that over 800 people had an oppertunity to preveiw and drive the 5 vehicles demonstrated. Once they have exceded a specific test mileage while on this nationwide tour, they are then sold to other dealers. These are the "used" vehicles that are now being sold in the market.
    I highly doubt Mr. Penske would invest this much time and effort into a product that did not have the potential for strong market sales. He tends to make well thought out decisions. We expect strong sales at both of our locations.

spectras only
    I highly doubt Mr. Penske would invest this much time and effort into a product that did not have the potential for strong market sales. He tends to make well thought out decisions. We expect strong sales at both of our locations.
    ICBC [ insurance corporation of british columbia ] had some concerns about its safety record , considering the number of SUV and trucks on the road . We had these cars on our roads since its inception , without being crash tested extensively. They fair well in a collision against other small cars .Toyota Echo has just about the same
    economy with 4 seat capacity to boot , unless one gets a diesel model .
    Some samples here >http://driving.canada.com/research/c...id3=1065800103
    http://wheels.ca/article/29504

PaPaG
    I may be able to shed some light on this subject being employed by PENSKE. You are correct-Roger Penske has been awarded the U.S. Distributor for Smart USA. There has been alot of interest generated for this product. Locally, we will have a SMART dealer in Santa Monica, and West Covina, Ca.
    Our Merdcedes-Benz of West Covina Retail Center will be adding Penske Smart to the property, scheduled for January 2008. You may recal back in April of this year, the media had alot of coverage on the "SMART" demo drive that toured the country. One of the stops for this tour was at our West Covina MBZ store. For this one day event, we estimated that over 800 people had an oppertunity to preveiw and drive the 5 vehicles demonstrated. Once they have exceded a specific test mileage while on this nationwide tour, they are then sold to other dealers. These are the "used" vehicles that are now being sold in the market.
    Good to hear it from someone that knows....what do you think about the prices? I have a buddy that is in the media and he took shots of the test drives in the san fernando valley a few months back and they were talking 12k+ but the dealers are trying to get 25 to 28k right now for the used ones. (they must have tested a ton of these things to be able to stock 20+ units at just one dealer, also some of them had Smart badges and others had Benz, whats up with that..) Fill me in..Thanks
    G

Second "PLACE"
    The crash test data that we reviewed was impressive, especially for such a small vehicle. Much of the structure and safety designs are from Mercedes-Benz engineering team. As for pricing, we are being told that the base models (No Radio or A/C) will start around 12-13K, with the cabrio version starting around 15k.
    As for the retailers in Vegas selling the demo units, I can only imagine that they are trying to capitalize from all the hype with their high pricing. 20k sounds a bit steep for this car, however this may be an effect of the current supply and demand. In comparison, many have invested 12-20k in a Yamaha Rhino that has no A/C, and can't legally be driven on the highway with no problem.

Second "PLACE"
    Some of the euro units had MBZ logos attached, however the later models will display Smart.

burtandnancy2
    Spectra's, no, but Nancy goes to the grocery story at least a half dozen times a day, at 1 mile each way, and I keep asking her to take the Smart Car. This ought to add years to the life of her LS. We drove one, it was fun, had great A/C and parks nearly anywhere. Can't wait for our to arrive...
    ps, how far north of Seattle are you?

Ziggy
    City car is what it should have been called. I'd not be to crazy about hopping on the Interstates next to 18 wheelers with it...

spectras only
    ps, how far north of Seattle are you?
    Seattle is around 170 miles south of Vancouver .

burtandnancy2
    Second PLACE, please check your PM's

BEER&WATER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast