Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Perris tossing in some Copper Sulfate!

MRS FLYIN VEE
    It's pretty neat, you can see down in the water as far the light lets you, about 30-40 feet. Clears the water right up - sans the floaters.
    I've never understood why they don't nuke Elsinore with the same stuff.
    I was thinking the same thing..

slowasscp
    I just did a google search and i wont be going in or near that lake. It is a health hazard and is harmful to the enviroment. I hope that is the wrong chemical that they are putting in.

C-2
    They have been using Copper Sulfate at the lake for as long as I can remember - at least 25 years. Again, I'll take the Copper Sulfate over the floaters anyday
    ------
    On Diamond Valley - MWD is a powerhouse. Even the Feds, NV and AZ can't seem to control them.

HM
    They have been using Copper Sulfate at the lake for as long as I can remember - at least 25 years. Again, I'll take the Copper Sulfate over the floaters anyday
    ------
    On Diamond Valley - MWD is a powerhouse. Even the Feds, NV and AZ can't seem to control them.
    The copper sulfate primary purpose is for bacteria, but they like to use the algea cover story. The use levels are not dangerous to humans. But...it sounds bad so it must be bad. Just like the idea of recycling sewage water. Never mind it ends up cleaner than the regular water....drinking water that once had pee and poop has to be bad!!!

OCMerrill
    The copper sulfate primary purpose is for bacteria, but they like to use the algea cover story. The use levels are not dangerous to humans. But...it sounds bad so it must be bad. Just like the idea of recycling sewage water. Never mind it ends up cleaner than the regular water....drinking water that once had pee and poop has to be bad!!!
    I think this filtered water is used by Budweiser.
    Have they treated Canyon Lake with the stuff? That lake was always pretty clean as I remember.

C-2
    A few years back (alright, like 10), there was a company crusining a pontoon around Elsinore - they had Copper Sulfate filters on the bottom of the toon, and it worked. I remember you could see the bottom at Elsinore, insted of pea soup.
    Anybody else remember that?

Classic Daycruiser
    A few years back (alright, like 10), there was a company crusining a pontoon around Elsinore - they had Copper Sulfate filters on the bottom of the toon, and it worked. I remember you could see the bottom at Elsinore, insted of pea soup.
    Anybody else remember that?
    It was 1995. I don't remember the filters, but there were a few articles written about it. The city did not think the clarity was from the filters, but rather from the excessive amount of rain that year, which flushed out the build up of green water. :idea:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12