Thread: Moose Population cause of global warming

bigq
    HAHAHAH!!!! HAHAHAH!!!
    I don't even know what to say except...Moose burgers on me!
    Norway's Moose Population in Trouble for Belching
    The poor old Scandinavian moose is now being blamed for climate change, with researchers in Norway claiming that a grown moose can produce 2,100 kilos of methane a year -- equivalent to the CO2 output resulting from a 13,000 kilometer car journey.
    Now poor moose are being blamed for global warming.
    DPA
    Now poor moose are being blamed for global warming.
    Norway is concerned that its national animal, the moose, is harming the climate by emitting an estimated 2,100 kilos of carbon dioxide a year through its belching and farting.
    Norwegian newspapers, citing research from Norway's technical university, said a motorist would have to drive 13,000 kilometers in a car to emit as much CO2 as a moose does in a year.
    Much like cows (more...), bacteria in a moose's stomach create methane gas which is considered even more destructive to the environment than carbon gas. Cows pose the same problem.
    Norway has some 120,000 moose but an estimated 35,000 are expected to be killed in this year's moose hunting season, which starts on September 25, Norwegian newspaper VG reported.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Ok, that's gonna be a hefty tag and travel expense.
    If the Algore will send me plane tickets and an apropriate moose tag, I will be happy to try to help stop Global Warming.
    BBQ at my place!!!!

YeLLowBoaT
    Ok, that's gonna be a hefty tag and travel expense.
    If the Algore will send me plane tickets and an apropriate moose tag, I will be happy to try to help stop Global Warming.
    BBQ at my place!!!!
    Old hunting joke...
    Where is the best place to shoot a moose?
    In the bucket of a front end loader.

Old Texan
    "Hey Rocky, pull my hoof....."
    "Ooooohhhh, Bullwinkle, you got into the cabbage again, peeeeyuuuuuu....." :devil:

eliminatedsprinter
    "Ooooohhhh, Bullwinkle, you got into the cabbage again, peeeeyuuuuuu....." :devil:

I've had Moose sausage (kind of like a moose kielbasa) and it was delicious. Much better than raindeer and cariboo (they taste about as good as beef or pork).
    I think Moose hot links would be the sh!#!!! MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm!

Schiada76

SmokinLowriderSS
    On a funny side note, a year ago, these same Scandanavians were complaining that GLOBAL WARMING WAS GOING TO MAKE THEIR MOOSE GET OVERWEIGHT.
    So....... are the moose the cause, or the victim, THIS WEEK?