Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Allison tranny people out there?

CMac
    I found this in the old pan when putting my Mag Hytech pan on.
    Anybody know what valve they maybe from?
    Tranny is working fine in tow haul and normal, As far as I know.
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m.../CIMG2847b.jpg

LHC30Victory
    Whatever those parts came from - I think that's BAD!
    You may want to go to Dieselplace.com and ask in the tranny section...There are some real experts there - just like these forums :idea:

YeLLowBoaT
    I don't think it matters where it came from, something is not working correctly now.

Chico&Zeus
    Looks like spare parts to me....

spectratoad
    That there would be the thingy ma bobber that regulates the flow to the doo dad by the whatchamacallit. Or spare parts. Can't be good though. :jawdrop:
    But everything works fine until you are towing your boat and in the middle of nowhere.

CMac
    Yep, thats what I thought. But the missing thingy mabob doesn't seem to be affecting me yet.
    I think we will pull locally for a while and check with the dealer. Only 45,000 miles on it.

Jordy
    I know someone who works for the Allison dealer. However, the 1000's they put in the HD trucks are an entirely different beast from the 1000's that end up in school buses. You're better off taking it to the Chevy/GMC dealer as the little stuff is their forte'. They have about 47 different configurations for the 1000 based on 2WD, 4WD, gas, diesel, extra cab, crew cab, red truck, white truck, and on and on and on. I'll print the picture out and see if any one recognizes it.

cc322
    Ok Ford boys be cool I know what your thinking this shoould get good:idea:

CMac
    I know someone who works for the Allison dealer. However, the 1000's they put in the HD trucks are an entirely different beast from the 1000's that end up in school buses. You're better off taking it to the Chevy/GMC dealer as the little stuff is their forte'. They have about 47 different configurations for the 1000 based on 2WD, 4WD, gas, diesel, extra cab, crew cab, red truck, white truck, and on and on and on. I'll print the picture out and see if any one recognizes it.
    Thanks, I'm afraid what ever it turns out to be, it won't be good.
    I'm also not looking forward to taking it in to the dealer because I have put a 10 bolt 19.5 kit on it and you know the first thing out of they're mouth is going to be "well, thats what caused your preoblem wright there", even though the springs had sludge on them. I think the sludge tell's me the springs have been down on the magnet a while.

Jordy
    Thanks, I'm afraid what ever it turns out to be, it won't be good.
    Typically loose/broken parts in the bottom of any thing mechanical aren't good, and this would be another example of that.
    The general consensis is that's the return spring for either the C-3 or C-4 clutch pack and without it you're going to end up burning out the clutches. Should probably take it to the dealer and have it fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast