Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Allison tranny people out there?

CMac
    Typically loose/broken parts in the bottom of any thing mechanical aren't good, and this would be another example of that.
    The general consensis is that's the return spring for either the C-3 or C-4 clutch pack and without it you're going to end up burning out the clutches. Should probably take it to the dealer and have it fixed.
    Yep, thats the plan. Thanks a bunch Jordy.

Infomaniac
    Someone at the factory is still laughing about putting those in there probably.
    I woud be pissed if I found that. Let me know what it was. I can post it at desel place if you don't have any luck

Riverkid
    Allison's for busses a while ago. Parts in ther pan are bad . Go have the dealer pressure test and see what's up.

LHC30Victory
    Well, did you find out what the parts were from (other than the tranny )

The Doctor
    Isn't that powertrain under factory warrantee to 100K miles? We just had a starting problem with one of our Duramaxs w/90K on it and the dealer found a small crack in the fuel filter housing that they agreed to replace at no charge. They also decided to replace all the injectors on the truck while we were in to updated units due to some service bulletin. He called us to bring the Hyper tech unit down to de-program the engine for their service then offered to re-program it for us after completing all the services again at no charge. I don't know how it could get better than that?
    I'd take it in to the dealer with parts in hand and the worst he can do is backpedal from your modifications. It's always worth a try. No matter what, I'd have the unit repaired since a new replacement Allison will cost more than some new cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12