Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cycle Trader Fraud

HPBoats83
    I have my brothers bike on the internet for sale for 13,999. I received an e-mail from (an interested customer that was automatically generated from the trader) and it e-mailed me and said "I am very interested in your bike, cash in hand, but why are their two seperate adds?" I looked on the trader and couldn't find a second add. I then received another e-mail from cycle trader alerting me of a change to my add, which I had NOT done so I checked it out. They changed the phone number (to a number we don't know) and the price to 6,300. They had to log into my acount under my name to change all this info. When I signed up they asked for my brothers adress so I gave it to them.
    What I think will happen now is they are going to try to steal the bike (since they have my bro's adress), pull a vin job, and sell it for $6300 or so. I thought that was pretty f'n crazy but might have worked. What do you think?

coolchange
    I NEVER give the address where what I'm selling lives. And I let them know that it doesn't stay there also.

HPBoats83
    I NEVER give the address where what I'm selling lives. And I let them know that it doesn't stay there also.
    Yeah I have deffinately learned my lesson the hard way on this one. I just deleted the add and am going to have a talk with the cycle trader people in the morning to see what we can do.

WishIknew
    F**KIN CRACK HEADS !!!!!!what next????

cola
    We just received a letter from the US District Court for of Georgia. My son sent a E-bay seller a 2k deposit on a set of wheels. They have 5 guys in jail for wire fraud. It looks like over they took over $500,000 from 200+ victims. All were college kids but one. The DA thinks they will recover close to all the money owed. (we hope)They found my son from a contact he made and filled a report in New York.
    Paypal & Visa recovered 3k for him on another E-bay deal he had. I sure hate thieves.
    Mike

Outnumbered
    We just received a letter from the US District Court for of Georgia. My son sent a E-bay seller a 2k deposit on a set of wheels. They have 5 guys in jail for wire fraud. It looks like over they took over $500,000 from 200+ victims. All were college kids but one. The DA thinks they will recover close to all the money owed. (we hope)They found my son from a contact he made and filled a report in New York.
    Paypal & Visa recovered 3k for him on another E-bay deal he had. I sure hate thieves.
    Mike
    Ebay has become a joke. A buddy of mine had someone hijack his entire e-bay ad on a Rhino and they changed the location to NY using all of his pics, discription, and FEEDBACK/user name.:sqeyes: I have no idea how they did it but once I saw this I stopped buying stuff on e-bay.

WishIknew
    Like I Said F****n Crack Heads

HPBoats83
    Yeah it's kinda sad all of this good internet stuff (trader, ebay, who know's what's next) is going to adventually get ruined because people forgot how to go out and get a real job. So should I report my little incident to the police or just the trader or both?

Mike67rs
    Be careful with e-mail messages that claim to be from the Trader. I received one after posting my boat for sale on boattrader.com. It alleged that there was a problem with my billing information and requested that I "click the link below" to update my billing information including my name, address, credit card info etc. It looked ligit, but in reality was just an attempt to obtain by CC information.

Mike67rs
    If you did update any billing information via the link sent via e-mail, cancel the card now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast