Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Golf Pros

Racer277
    I need a new set of Irons.
    I'm a hack, but I have to play 4-5 times per year, just enough to play lousy every time.
    I'm looking at:
    Taylor Made RAC Irons
    Nike Pro Combo Forged or Slingshot Irons
    Any pros/cons to these two sets of irons?
    Thanks for suggestions, if you are not an expert, maybe you have more experience than I do.

SoCalHD
    I'm no expert either, but I think the taylor made RAC irons are more of a blade design, so they would be harder to hit consistently. I have heard mixed reviews on the Nike slingshot's as well. Try looking at www.golfclubdemo.com They let you pay a small fee to try out different irons.....I was thinking about trying some new Nikes myself, but have just decided to actually try "practicing" with the Lynx irons I have........lol

Racer277
    but have just decided to actually try "practicing" with the Lynx irons I have........lol
    Practice? I didn't say I liked playing, but it is better than a day in the office.
    Thanks for the info, consistency is what kills me.

SoCalHD
    I'll be driving past Bako on Friday.......need any help digging up sod samples??

JB in so cal
    PM ShockwaveBob. He might be able to find something for you.

HM
    I'm no expert either, but I think the taylor made RAC irons are more of a blade design, so they would be harder to hit consistently. I have heard mixed reviews on the Nike slingshot's as well. Try looking at www.golfclubdemo.com They let you pay a small fee to try out different irons.....I was thinking about trying some new Nikes myself, but have just decided to actually try "practicing" with the Lynx irons I have........lol
    Go try some clubs like SoCalHD says.
    Personally...I am a blade kinda guy. For me, the blades have a visual line-up with ball that looks more natural to me. I play Taylor Made LCG's (a few years old) and are just a step above blades. I was told I would hate them....everyone is different. I still haven't jumped on the super jumbo drivers yet. I hit a 7 degree Steel Head Big Bertha driver. Was considered an oversize driver about 8 years ago. Again, the visual line up is a key part of my game. I also got flexible shafts on all my clubs as I have a decent natural relaxed swing. When I try to swing hard....it is not good. So, by having clubs that make a hard swing even worse...it helps me to swing easy. And I punch my drives 300 yards+ a couple times in a game...and it is usually the most relaxed swings that get it there.

BarryMac
    Do you want to spend the money on brand new???

Stoneman
    I like Ping's. But you should try all the brands you can before you buy.
    I'm a 16 handicapper.
    PS I don't like Ping drivers.

Sleek-Jet
    I still haven't jumped on the super jumbo drivers yet. I hit a 7 degree Steel Head Big Bertha driver. Was considered an oversize driver about 8 years ago. Again, the visual line up is a key part of my game. I also got flexible shafts on all my clubs as I have a decent natural relaxed swing. When I try to swing hard....it is not good. So, by having clubs that make a hard swing even worse...it helps me to swing easy. And I punch my drives 300 yards+ a couple times in a game...and it is usually the most relaxed swings that get it there.
    Me neither... in fact several years ago I dropped some coin on a brand new persimmon wood driver... I hit it as well or even better then the oversized metal driver I have in the bag. It feels like I have more control over my swing with the smaller driver.
    Plus it's pretty...

AirtimeLavey
    Golfsmith (& Golfsmith.com) is having a sale right now. Some great deals, plus they have a 90 day play quarantee on certain deals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast