Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Golf Pros

Havasu1986
    I need a new set of Irons.
    I'm a hack, but I have to play 4-5 times per year, just enough to play lousy every time.
    I'm looking at:
    Taylor Made RAC Irons
    Nike Pro Combo Forged or Slingshot Irons
    Any pros/cons to these two sets of irons?
    Thanks for suggestions, if you are not an expert, maybe you have more experience than I do.
    I am a 16 handicap and play about 3-4 times a month. When I was being fitted for my Taylor Mades they told me for my handicap to stay with the cavity back irons and nothing less then a 10.5 on the driver. My clubs cost about 3k. Since you are only playing 4-5 times a year I would get fitted and stay with clubs that are priced for the amount of rounds you play.

shippingguy
    My advice is to go to Roger Dunn Golf Shops and get fitted. You can try all the different make of clubs. Remember that making sure the club is properly fitted to you makes a big difference in how you will hit the ball as well. Blades are not forgiving clubheads. You may want to try the Callaway Big Bertha Irons. They are very forgiving for shots that are mishit. Plus with Roger Dunn you can try out your new set for 90 days and if you do not like them you can return them for another set. Just my .02 On a side note there are some good knock offs out there for very cheap for complete sets. You may want to look at those as well just to start out. Again make sure they are fitted to your body properly.
    Mike

TCHB
    It sounds like the new Adams Hybrid set would work great for you. Gof Digest rated them the number one club this year for someone around your game. I played with them three times the past two weeks and I could not believe how big the sweet spot was on the club. Take a look on line and read the golf digest review on the irons.
    On the driver side I would stay above the 10 deg face.

UltraStealth
    Go get fitted. That is the best thing you can do. Don't blow a ton of money on clubs to play 4 times a year. You can get a nice set at a gold shop for around $400 (depending on the shaft you go with. I just got the new Taylor Made RAC irons and went from a 9 to a 7 handicap. The putter may have helped as well.

AirtimeLavey
    Callaway X18s on sale for $499.00 right now. Hard to beat that for good clubs. Some good wedges on sale, too. Golfsmith.com also has reviews.

Havasu1986
    Whens the Hot Boat golf tourney.

fatboy95
    Whens the Hot Boat golf tourney.
    cool idea, maybe make it a fund raiser to help out fellow boaters.

Havasu1986
    Let's set something up in October maybe. When it cools off a little. I'm nursing a bad left wheel right now, haven't played since early last week. I'm jonesing to get out.
    I'm in. Boatbling is supposed to have their 2nd Annual tourney in Dec in Havasu. And Charlie is having a Stage Tech tourney in Sept. at Black Gold.

PBOCOP
    I did a complete test and fit for my clubs. Gave every set of irons a shot, all the hybrids, and the drivers.
    I ended up with the new Cobra S9's for my irons, and the Cobra Offset Driver. Decently priced, good clubs, perfect match.

shippingguy
    I am in for the Hot Boat Tourney and I will definitely be playing in the Boat Bling Tourney again this year. Hopefully the wind will not be so bad this year.
    Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast