I haven't been for several years. I checked it out before it was open and they were filling it. I actually went to visit the Museum they have their. I am huge fan of architecture and green building so I really just wanted to see the facility. Anyways, the museum is closed on Mondays so I drove over to the marina. There was only 4 boat trailers in the paring lot. The place was empty. There were more trusties picking up trash than people using the lake. It was really sad sitting there looking at it knowing I couldn't use it. The deputy assigned to the lake had a sweet patrol boat and nice Tahoe to cruise in. He must be board to death.
I asked a few people if I could put my jetboat on it and they acted as if I could since it was a four stroke engine etc but I am sure it wouldn't pass inspection. You would think the city of Hemet would be super pissed that Diamond Valley Lake is not being used much by the general public. They are sitting on a potentially huge tax base if they let real boats on that lake. Might speed up the process to bring Hemet into the 21st century. What a shame.
Has anyone put their boat on that body of water? How can we get these rules changed. What ever happened with State Sen. Bill Morrow efforts to get it changed to full use.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...hlight=diamond