Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I went to Diamond Valley Lake on Monday

OCMerrill
    I seem to recall the project originally was designed for multiple use and is how it got the green light to be built. Such vast marina was not needed for 4 or 5 boats, there was a different reason in the beginning.
    A classic bait and switch for funding purposes.
    This is exactly it. We went there many times when they first broke ground. My grandmother lived in Hemet and she was infatuated by this.
    At first it was a multi use, body contact, boat up shore camping, rv parks, marinas, etc. Now its 20 hp pontoon heaven.
    I will LMAO when the Quagga Muscles show up. It does pull Colorado River water in right?
    Total BS. That's why its never been mentioned here. It's basically unusable.

socalmoney
    Total BS. That's why its never been mentioned here. It's basically unusable.
    There is very little info or chat about it here on ***boat. I was kind of surprised there wasn't more angry threads about it.

skygod73
    It's too bad a Hot Boating Atty couldn't file a large lawsuit on behalf of the general public for the bait and switch tactics used to get funds from the voters. So much recreational potential wasted. Can you imagine the money that lake would've generated with fees for, camping, launching etc... It would have been amazing to have a decent sized lake in socal. FOCKERS!!!

bordsmnj
    there were years ago. it still pisses me off.

socalmoney
    They must be loosing tons of money, there are huge signs that say "Half priced Wednesdays" for rentals and such.

CoolCruzinCobra
    I seem to recall the project originally was designed for multiple use and is how it got the green light to be built. Such vast marina was not needed for 4 or 5 boats, there was a different reason in the beginning.
    A classic bait and switch for funding purposes.
    Your right a classic bait and switch
    Sure like to see a law suit over.It could be a tax heaven for the city as well.

C-2
    This topic was discussed several times, years ago when the project was developing.
    In fact, the Bass fisherman aligned themselves with other more pro-active groups such as the offroader groups and even Jet-ski groups, several of who have kick-arse, and proactive advocacy groups (and some even ahve state/federal lobbyist). Us ***boaters didn't seem to care at the time, and a few of our efforts fell on deaf ears. Efforts to align ourselves with the bass fisherman, who received the support of larger groups. Good ole' fashioned grassroots networking.
    MWD is a powerhouse and the Colorado rover system is the most litigated waterway in the world. MWD was created for the sole purpose of securing Cali's apportionment of water from the river.
    Water laws are very old, and so is MWD. MWD maintains the strength of the collective citizenry - so their pockets are as deep as Lake Tahoe.
    In a nutshell, what those bastards say - goes.
    They got pissed at their eminent domain proceedings against the Domenegoni(?) family, and thus the name change to Diamond Valley.

SHOCKtheMONKEY
    I've been there a few times...Ya have to have a fuel injected motor...they do a quick inspection for that and saftey equipment....speed limit is 25...Yeah it's not the best, but it beats going to Perris, all the boats are parked fishing and you can cruise the lake pretty much all alone...

MBlaster
    I can only say that I had forgotton how angry I was over this whole deal untill I read this thread.
    Now I'm just pissed off again.

SandbarScot
    This topic was discussed several times, years ago when the project was developing.
    In fact, the Bass fisherman aligned themselves with other more pro-active groups such as the offroader groups and even Jet-ski groups, several of who have kick-arse, and proactive advocacy groups (and some even ahve state/federal lobbyist). Us ***boaters didn't seem to care at the time, and a few of our efforts fell on deaf ears. Efforts to align ourselves with the bass fisherman, who received the support of larger groups. Good ole' fashioned grassroots networking.
    MWD is a powerhouse and the Colorado rover system is the most litigated waterway in the world. MWD was created for the sole purpose of securing Cali's apportionment of water from the river.
    Water laws are very old, and so is MWD. MWD maintains the strength of the collective citizenry - so their pockets are as deep as Lake Tahoe.
    In a nutshell, what those bastards say - goes.
    They got pissed at their eminent domain proceedings against the Domenegoni(?) family, and thus the name change to Diamond Valley.
    I was gonna add my two cents, but couldn't have said it better than C-2. MWD's bank account, power, huge lobbying power in Sarcramento, and political allies make it nearly impossible for the performance boating crowd to do anything about their bait-and-switch.
    MWD always designed Diamond Valley to be a drinking water lake and will protect that water at all costs. They could give a rat's ass about power boats or any potential tourism.
    The $100 million dollars they lost to Andy Domenegoni and his family pissed them off, but they just wrote the check, renamed the lake, and moved on. The Domenegoni's deserved that money. Their land that MWD took was worth at least that much.
    Okay, I guess I did add my two cents.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast