Help me out here PLEEEEASE.
twin 9.5-1 302's, new alum heads, new hyd cams, roller rockers,timing gears,msd ign boxs, MSD dist's, Performer alum intakes, Speed Demmon 650 etc, thru hull exhaust, Kodiak headers etc.$$ uhhg. (wife wants to know where is the end to my motor madness?)
I'm running 34deg total timing, plugs look clean what do you think about 36-38? But I do come in quick about 2500rpm. Boat is a restored 25ft 1973 wellcraft Nova (heavy but fast hull). She freaking jumps on plane sometime cavitating my Merc Laser 21p props. But only if I nail her.
Both engines seem to have allot of crank case gas coming out of the valve cover vents which I just run a hose to the breathers, smells a tad bit gas rich .
Should I run a PCV valve and a hose to the carb base on the speed demon? The valve covers are short and a tight fit due to the roller rockers. I even get an oil film on my valve covers due to this. Any ideas my boating Bro's?
Last question, noted on Norris lake TN last week my secondaries seem to open a little late but when they do, Rock on. Thoughts?