Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance and Header question

TahitiTiger
    I have a set of Rewarder through transom headers I want to install this winter. Think insurance will care? I know they get pretty bent on OT hearders.

GAWnCA
    I have a set of Rewarder through transom headers I want to install this winter. Think insurance will care? I know they get pretty bent on OT hearders.
    My insurance company didn't even ask about exhaust, just engine size and HP.

W.O.T
    my jet boat is insured by progressive. they didnt ask about exhaust either just speed/hp. i had to adjust that number slightly

GAWnCA
    my jet boat is insured by progressive. they didnt ask about exhaust either just speed/hp. i had to adjust that number slightly
    WOT that's who I am with. Wasn't any hassle either. I told them it was a 460 Ford and had 250 HP. Worked for me.

gqchris
    Guys, I hate to break this to you, but just cause they dont ask doesnt mean it wont come out down the road! I had Progressive, sure, they didnt ask me either. But Im not risking, if the sh!t hits the fan, that I am not going to be covered once the insurance adjuster looks at the facts. Call Progressive, let them know what you have. Expect the cancellation notice in the mail that day. Why pay for insurance thats worthless? Get with Wozencraft here on the boards, he will write you a policy for your headers and HP.
    Chris

GAWnCA
    Guys, I hate to break this to you, but just cause they dont ask doesnt mean it wont come out down the road! I had Progressive, sure, they didnt ask me either. But Im not risking, if the sh!t hits the fan, that I am not going to be covered once the insurance adjuster looks at the facts. Call Progressive, let them know what you have. Expect the cancellation notice in the mail that day. Why pay for insurance thats worthless? Get with Wozencraft here on the boards, he will write you a policy for your headers and HP.
    Chris
    Well, I'm not saying they are the best and I'm not hocking their services or anyone else's either. I got a good deal and it may be because of my association with the CG Aux. That's ok with me. Besides that, I haven't had an insurance claim in over 11 years.

suckin&pumpin
    Chris
    wozencraft could not help me, and I believe progressive specifically excludes ot exhaust so your policies are probaly no good, 2 years and I cant find anyone to insure me

GAWnCA
    wozencraft could not help me, and I believe progressive specifically excludes ot exhaust so your policies are probaly no good, 2 years and I cant find anyone to insure me
    Hmmm, I had no problem and told them everything they wanted to know. Progressive that is. They asked and I answered.

gqchris
    Hmmm, I had no problem and told them everything they wanted to know. Progressive that is. They asked and I answered.
    Did they ask about your exhaut and what type it is? Suckin&Pumpin is right, the policy is no good with OT headers, if they asked or not doesnt matter.

GUGS102
    I have progressive and they asked about the headers and I had to provide a picture. I have TT rewarders and they said as long as it is not OT I'm okay.
    Gugs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast