Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance and Header question

thatguy
    Progressive WILL NOT honor your claim if boat has OT exhaust. They will not ask you in all cases upon initial coverage, but the above posts are correct. You are paying for coverage that will not be honored. I have had progressive on many different items and currently have my RV covered with them. I am happy with them in all cases. My vehicles are all with USAA, but they don't like to do other items, progressive is always my second choice.
    If you call them and ask them specifically, you will find that OT is not covered and you are wasting your money.
    Thru-transome does not differentiate between headers or logs, just "thru-transome." So your TT headers SHOULD be acceptable.
    Tommy

GAWnCA
    I have progressive and they asked about the headers and I had to provide a picture. I have TT rewarders and they said as long as it is not OT I'm okay.
    Gugs
    Well, to clear the air with Progressive, I'm not sure what kind of insurance everyone is looking for but they will write PL/PD also personal injury insurance with OT exhaust. I just talked to my agent.

thatguy
    Well, to clear the air with Progressive, I'm not sure what kind of insurance everyone is looking for but they will write PL/PD also personal injury insurance with OT exhaust. I just talked to my agent.
    That is good news! I will call mine today, or maybe the next day I take it out.
    It has been about 4-5 months since I last spoke to them about it.
    At least now we can drop the boat coverage off and save a dime on uncovered insurance. Tommy

GAWnCA
    That is good news! I will call mine today, or maybe the next day I take it out.
    It has been about 4-5 months since I last spoke to them about it.
    At least now we can drop the boat coverage off and save a dime on uncovered insurance. Tommy
    Tommy, It looks like you have the same Miller I have only a different color. I didn't cover the boat, and didn't plan to since it's age is against it any way. For my PL/PD/PI I pay $108.00 a year. My coverage is as follows:
    Liability To Others:
    Bodily injury and property damage liability, includes fuel spill liability $100K for $37 yr
    Uninsured Boater $100K for $52 yr
    Medical payments $5K each person $19 yr
    Total: $108.00 yr
    Greg

thatguy
    Tommy, It looks like you have the same Miller I have only a different color. I didn't cover the boat, and didn't plan to since it's age is against it any way. For my PL/PD/PI I pay $108.00 a year. My coverage is as follows:
    Liability To Others:
    Bodily injury and property damage liability, includes fuel spill liability $100K for $37 yr
    Greg
    That is perfect. The home owners covers theft to 2 or 3 grand, can't remember. If you sink it or crash it, well, too bad for the hot rod.
    My wife thought we would cover everything like a car, she never had one before and can't believe the boat will be lost if something bad happens.
    I told her, PAY ATTENTION when you are driving it!
    Thanks for the info. Will be calling when I get back home.
    Tommy

suckin&pumpin
    Liability To Others:
    Greg
    email me that name and number will you please.

GAWnCA
    email me that name and number will you please.
    I already did.
    If anyone else is interested, let me know. Nope, I'm not an agent nor am I affiliated with Progressive. I just got a good deal, I think and will share the information with who ever needs it.

GAWnCA
    That is perfect. The home owners covers theft to 2 or 3 grand, can't remember. If you sink it or crash it, well, too bad for the hot rod.
    My wife thought we would cover everything like a car, she never had one before and can't believe the boat will be lost if something bad happens.
    I told her, PAY ATTENTION when you are driving it!
    Thanks for the info. Will be calling when I get back home.
    Tommy
    Tell her to consider the boat loss as the deductible.

TahitiTiger
    I called Progressive, and got my quote. Then for kicks I asked them what if I had OT headers. Her reponse "sorry we can not insure you." But you are correct TT headers, or logs they don't care LOL.
    I am checking with Foremost as well. (my home is inssured with them, maybe multi line discount )

GAWnCA
    I called Progressive, and got my quote. Then for kicks I asked them what if I had OT headers. Her reponse "sorry we can not insure you." But you are correct TT headers, or logs they don't care LOL.
    I am checking with Foremost as well. (my home is inssured with them, maybe multi line discount )
    I'm not sure what kind of coverage you want but for what I described above, they will cover the boat, I know, I've got it, and it's paid for for a year. Bret knows exactly what I have, OT headers and all. Call and ask for him at 1-800-937-8895. See what he tells you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast