Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insurance and Header question

suckin&pumpin
    wozencraft where youat??? love to hear you chime in on this.

Wozencraft
    wozencraft where you at??? love to hear you chime in on this.
    Sorry for the delay...I have been on the phone non-stop today. In the process of writing 3 new Ilmor powered boats for clients.
    Okay, taking a snap shot today of programs I have available to write insurance on boats under 26' w/ O/T exhaust & exposed engines; here is the short list:
    Company A: No cats/tunnels - not older than 19yrs - marine survey needed on boats 8-19 yrs old
    Company B: 70 mph top speed - case-by-case acceptance, depends on which underwriter I'm talking to, the day they are having, the alignment of the moon with the stars, etc. - supporting insurance business helps
    As for Progressive, they WILL NOT accept ANY boats with exposed engines or O/T exhaust! I just had the marine product manager for the whole country from Progressive in my office last week. I specifically touched base on this topic with him. After a thorough discussion, and a passing on ALL the feedback I have received from members on this board, his answer was, "No""Not Interested." If you have an agent who is offering to write your O/T exhaust and/or exposed engine boat with Progressive, make sure to ask them if they carry an active Error & Omissions insurance policy.
    I hope this helps - a bit. Not so good news for a good many of boaters with well taken care of boats which should be worthy of obtaining insurance. I continue to work with my contacts at insurance carriers to find coverage for these boats.
    Devin Wozencraft

thatguy
    Sorry for the delay...I have been on the phone non-stop today. In the process of writing 3 new Ilmor powered boats for clients.
    Okay, taking a snap shot today of programs I have available to write insurance on boats under 26' w/ O/T exhaust & exposed engines; here is the short list:
    Company A: No cats/tunnels - not older than 19yrs - marine survey needed on boats 8-19 yrs old
    Company B: 70 mph top speed - case-by-case acceptance, depends on which underwriter I'm talking to, the day they are having, the alignment of the moon with the stars, etc. - supporting insurance business helps
    As for Progressive, they WILL NOT accept ANY boats with exposed engines or O/T exhaust! I just had the marine product manager for the whole country from Progressive in my office last week. I specifically touched base on this topic with him. After a thorough discussion, and a passing on ALL the feedback I have received from members on this board, his answer was, "No""Not Interested." If you have an agent who is offering to write your O/T exhaust and/or exposed engine boat with Progressive, make sure to ask them if they carry an active Error & Omissions insurance policy.
    I hope this helps - a bit. Not so good news for a good many of boaters with well taken care of boats which should be worthy of obtaining insurance. I continue to work with my contacts at insurance carriers to find coverage for these boats.
    Devin Wozencraft
    Back to square one?
    Tommy

gqchris
    Well, to clear the air with Progressive, I'm not sure what kind of insurance everyone is looking for but they will write PL/PD also personal injury insurance with OT exhaust. I just talked to my agent.
    I would ask your agent if he spent the comission off your policy yet

gqchris
    Devin Wozencraft
    This pretty much sums up the whole thread and answers everyones questions. Thanks Devin!

suckin&pumpin
    sorry for the delay I was out of town, Greg I would seriously consider what wozencraft said he is our resident expert since thois is what he does for a living, You may have a new agent or an un-informed one because progressive told me no way...again.
    Devin, I accidentally erased your voice message while driving and dont have your number but call me again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123