Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone signed up with YTB travel?

riverracerx
    Just curious if anyone has had any good bad experiences with this? My neighbor is pushing it on me.

uvindex
    Just curious if anyone has had any good bad experiences with this? My neighbor is pushing it on me.Never heard of it. However, their site says, "The YTB companies offer two unique and powerful business opportunities, that of referring travel agent or "RTA" and that of independent marketing representative or "REP".
    Two red flags here:
    (1) Your neighbor is "pushing" it on you.
    (2) "independent marketing representatives"
    Without doing any more research, I'd bet at least a dollar that you signing up is going to benefit your neighbor more than you. Sounds like you'll then be tasked with pushing it on your neighbors. I'd steer way clear.
    Good luck!

riverracerx
    It is a MLM. My neighbor has been doing it for 9 months now and with very little effort is pulling in 3-5K a month in extra income. I saw the checks. She has 12 people signed up underneath her.

HM
    It is a MLM. My neighbor has been doing it for 9 months now and with very little effort is pulling in 3-5K a month in extra income. I saw the checks. She has 12 people signed up underneath her.
    PM Rocky. World Travel has way better deals and he won't push the "opportunity" on you. He might stick his tongue in your ear tho.

uvindex
    It is a MLM. My neighbor has been doing it for 9 months now and with very little effort is pulling in 3-5K a month in extra income. I saw the checks. She has 12 people signed up underneath her.They'll always show you the checks. The FTC has some tips that might be helpful when considering an MLM: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/invest/mlm.shtm
    Good luck either way.

drtywhat
    I have seen the YTB business and know someone making about 4 k a month doing it. One of the pluses is you get paid to travel when you book it with yourself. Say you need to fly to hawaii for vacation....you get paid!! how easy is that?

Magic34
    Chris, you should know to call me with these questions.
    There are basically charging you every month for your website, I think it is around $50-$75. They pay commissions based off of that, plus any travel that does get booked. They claim that they are part of travelocity or something like that.
    You neighbor also probably showed you the Success looking magazine. First of all, Success magazine went bankrupt years ago. Secondly, it is called "Success from Home" and a company called VideoPlus in the MLM world puts it together. YTB paid over $60k to get that thing produced, then they got it into their distributors hands.
    If I remember correctly, there are 2 ways to start up, one is about $250, and the other is around $700.
    They are not bad in terms of giving the industry a bad name. Any of the binary plans out there in terms of compensation are what kills the MLM business. Those are the companies that start up, you see huge checks and 12-18 months later, they are gone. Products are normally something you drink or consume quickly, like the gas pills about 1 year ago that popped up and shut down almost as quickly.
    There are legit companies that make a honest business out there. You just have to search for them.

riverracerx
    I am going to go to their meeting tomorrow night (for the free food and drink) and ask alot of questions.
    My neighbor is a really straight shooter, I have known him for a while now. So I am curious what other think of this. Hey, I only want a couple hundred thousand dollars for roughly 37 minutes of actual work.

Optimum 1
    I have nothing to gain by telling you that YTB is for real, and a great opportunity, but I am telling you that anyway. The tax advantages alone are worth the price of admission!
    If you cannot see the opportunity, don't sign up. You'd be wasting your time and the time of your friend.
    YTB is MLM, but it is not a pyramid. We have a product...Travel! I sell lots of travel on my site. The travel industry is a 7 Trillion dollar a year industry with 1.3 Trillion of that spent in the USA. It is the largest industry in the world growing 23% faster than the world economy. It is expected to double in the next ten years because baby boomers are retiring at a rate of 1 every 8 minutes, and they want to travel!
    It is also not a pyramid because you have the capablility of actually making more money than those who came in before you!
    Again, if you can see the opportunity and are willing to work the business, that's fantastic. If not, if you just want to be sent checks for sitting on your hands, forget it. YTB is a great opportunity, but it's not a free ticket. It's a real business.
    Phil Debenham
    Travel01.com

EmpirE231
    I have nothing to gain by telling you that YTB is for real, and a great opportunity, but I am telling you that anyway. The tax advantages alone are worth the price of admission!
    If you cannot see the opportunity, don't sign up. You'd be wasting your time and the time of your friend.
    YTB is MLM, but it is not a pyramid. We have a product...Travel! I sell lots of travel on my site. The travel industry is a 7 Trillion dollar a year industry with 1.3 Trillion of that spent in the USA. It is the largest industry in the world growing 23% faster than the world economy. It is expected to double in the next ten years because baby boomers are retiring at a rate of 1 every 8 minutes, and they want to travel!
    It is also not a pyramid because you have the capablility of actually making more money than those who came in before you!
    Again, if you can see the opportunity and are willing to work the business, that's fantastic. If not, if you just want to be sent checks for sitting on your hands, forget it. YTB is a great opportunity, but it's not a free ticket. It's a real business.
    Phil Debenham
    Travel01.com
    Nice pitch
    sounds like the same one I heard the other night! anyone heard of world ventures? seems to be doing the same thing... any info is appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast