Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NO NEW POSTS IN TWO DAYS?

TOBTEK
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by D-BO:
    Possibly for a race motor, but for a play motor the 200 is perfect. The boat is a 1989 Laser that I just got done restoring. I don't think I would want a 2.5 for an every day motor. I run around with a bunch of Alisons with 2.5's and after seeing what they go through I'll be willing to give up mph for reliability. If I don't end up getting it I'll be sure and spread the word!!!![/
    whats going on with your friends 2.5's I have found them to be very reliable.I always run very good fuel (avgas from local airport) which is pretty inexpensive compared to say VP fuel or other race fuel. And I have them set up with stock heads, I wouldnt want high comp ss heads..Mine are just for play, not a racer by any means!!!!! wink

D-BO
    The problem with all of my friends 2.5's are that they spin them to the moon and they "pop". I'd be the same way, heat of the monent hammer down!! If you got it why not use it? I've turned down allot of races because of having a smaller motor, people just think I have a big motor because I've got a 2.5 cowl on it. I know me and if I have that "big" motor than I'll use it and make it faster then I'll break it. This is why I'm going back all stock!!

ZSARGO
    HEY TOBTEK. I SEE YOU HAVE A 2.5 MERC FOR SALE. SAME YEAR AS MINE. HOW IS THE CHARGING SYSTEM ON YOURS. MY BATTERY GOES DEAD EVERy COUPLE OF DAYS. IS THIS NORMAL FOR THE 2.5? FIGURED YOU MIGHT HAVE A LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH IT. I'M GOING TO PUT MINE UP FOR SALE AT LAKELAND MARINE AND PUT A 300X ON IT. HOW IS YOUR COMING ALONG?
    [ August 26, 2002, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: ZSARGO ]

TOBTEK
    ZSARGO:
    HEY TOBTEK. I SEE YOU HAVE A 2.5 MERC FOR SALE. SAME YEAR AS MINE. HOW IS THE CHARGING SYSTEM ON YOURS. MY BATTERY GOES DEAD EVERy COUPLE OF DAYS. IS THIS NORMAL FOR THE 2.5? FIGURED YOU MIGHT HAVE A LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH IT. I'M GOING TO PUT MINE UP FOR SALE AT LAKELAND MARINE AND PUT A 300X ON IT. HOW IS YOUR COMING ALONG?YOU ARE CRACKING ME UP! My new one is on order, spring delivery! But, I noticed yours online again, So I was thinking if I was to buy yours/sell the 2.5 off it/rerigg it with a new 300x???????hmmmmmmmmm. I was getting a fill if your 2.5 was marketable....to funny. Any bites at 36K? make me a crazy deal, and I just may forget about the 2003

ZSARGO
    I HERE YA. I LOVE THE BOAT. BUT YOU KNOW "NEVER FAST ENOUGH." I THINK I CAN SELL THE 2.5 PRETTY EASY. PUT THE 300X ON IT AND IT SHOULD RUN IN THE LOW 90'S. I ALSO THOUGHT OF PUTTING ANOTHER 2.5 ON IT. NOT SURE IF I WANT TO DEAL WITH TWO MOTORS AND THE COST OF INSURANCE. I FIGURE IF I CAN SELL THE 2.5 FOR 8 OR 9 THOUSAND I COULD FORK OUT THE 15K FOR A 300X. 6 GRAND FOR ANOTHER 12-14 MILES PER HOUR. NOT TWO BAD. WHY DON'T YOU JUST BUY ONE WITH TWINS. I SAW ABOUT 4 MACH 22 WITH TWINS THIS WEEKEND IN HAVASU. MY BOATS PRETTY QUICK WITH JUST A SINGLE. I CAN'T IMAGINE IT WITH TWINS.

TOBTEK
    ZSARGO:
    I HERE YA. I LOVE THE BOAT. BUT YOU KNOW "NEVER FAST ENOUGH." I THINK I CAN SELL THE 2.5 PRETTY EASY. PUT THE 300X ON IT AND IT SHOULD RUN IN THE LOW 90'S. I ALSO THOUGHT OF PUTTING ANOTHER 2.5 ON IT. NOT SURE IF I WANT TO DEAL WITH TWO MOTORS AND THE COST OF INSURANCE. I FIGURE IF I CAN SELL THE 2.5 FOR 8 OR 9 THOUSAND I COULD FORK OUT THE 15K FOR A 300X. 6 GRAND FOR ANOTHER 12-14 MILES PER HOUR. NOT TWO BAD. WHY DON'T YOU JUST BUY ONE WITH TWINS. I SAW ABOUT 4 MACH 22 WITH TWINS THIS WEEKEND IN HAVASU. MY BOATS PRETTY QUICK WITH JUST A SINGLE. I CAN'T IMAGINE IT WITH TWINS.I just dont want to deal with two motors! the whole maintence thing, fuel comsumtion,mixing gas and oil for not only one, but two..no thank you! And like you said the insurance, I hear insurance is a kink even with a single let alone two motors hanging on the back of a tunnel. We also want to ski and wakeboard a little, I think it would be pretty tough with twins. Im really excited about ordering a brandnew boat, But its a ton-o-dough! I have been talking KAB from the boards here, he bought the 22 with twin 300 dragmotors Dave is advertising, That thing is SICK and WRONG. Dont think I need a 125mph boat! SO, When I saw yours online again it got the wheels turning in my head! Hmmmm get it, sell the motor, slap a 300x on it, put all the new kick-ass pewter DCB hardware on, and save a few dollhairs....was just toying with the idea!

burbanite
    TOBTEK
    [And let me guess......they went to Havasu for there HONEYMOON!.....with any luck![/QB]Nope...Fiji.

TOBTEK
    burbanite:
    TOBTEK
    [And let me guess......they went to Havasu for there HONEYMOON!.....with any luck!Nope...Fiji. [/QB]Fiji right abou now is sounding pretty good! Anything would be better than this desk right now!!

flyinbrian
    TOBTEK:
    Whats the deal guys and gals? not One post in two days, why is this area so slow?????? dont we all have something to say? I thought everyone knew that all the outboard guys hang out at Screamandfly.com ?

TOBTEK
    flyinbrian:
    TOBTEK:
    Whats the deal guys and gals? not One post in two days, why is this area so slow?????? dont we all have something to say? I thought everyone knew that all the outboard guys hang out at Screamandfly.com ?sometimes, but its kinda slow over there(not the boats ofcourse)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast