Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ariz. school suspends boy for sketching gun

SB
    How about a phaser? Or one starship shooting another?

2Driver
    I emailed her, and gave her my support, and told her I would wait for the facts....
    The family was on the local news last night and seemed like quality people. THey showed the picture and it was harmless. Guess you can't draw a bow and arrow either or walk into any toy store? :idea:

AZJD
    IMO a serious lack of judgment here. Sketch a gun and get suspened from school! So I guess you cant have hunting or target shooting as a sport. So what if I drew a baseball bat? What a bunch of idiots, poor family.
    Let the principal know how you feel: martin.karen@chandler.k12.az.us
    MESA, Ariz. (AP) — School officials suspended a 13-year-old boy for sketching what looked like a gun, saying the action posed a threat to his classmates.
    The boy's parents said the drawing was a harmless doodle and school officials overreacted.
    "The school made him feel like he committed a crime. They are doing more damage than good," said the boy's mother, Paula Mosteller.
    The drawing did not show blood, bullets, injuries or target any human, the parents said. And the East Valley Tribune reported that the boy said he didn't intend for the picture to be a threat.
    Administrators of Payne Junior High in nearby Chandler suspended the boy on Monday for five days but later reduced it to three days.
    Lame! Schools, ah heck, society is getting so rediculous.............

YeLLowBoaT
    You know what I would be very worried about a 13 year old boy that did not draw guns and like. Then again when I was 10 I got in trouble for brining my 20 ga youth 1100 ( was a gift from my grandfather for my bday) for show and tell about the 3rd week of school.( I just grabed the case out of the closet and rode my bike to school with it )
    Now days I'm sure I would have been expelled. All they did back then was walk me and it down to the office, where I got a talking too by the principal while my mother was called to pick it up. When I go home that was another story...

HocusPocus
    Crap, my kid draws guns and war stuff all the time.
    i hear ya.. so does my 8 year old boy.. hell my 5 year old girl in kindergarten last year drew a picture of me in which i was shooting a gun.

Dribble
    Soooo.... This type of idiot thinking isn't limited to California after all. What a shock.:idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    IF he'd of drawn a "gay" rainbow they probably would have made him class president people have gone way to far off the deep end.

Jbb
    It's good they caught him early.....next thing you know....he would be sketching fighter jets with guns and bombs.... rockets......the female figure:jawdrop: ....and who knows what else......just like every little boy has done since the beginning of time.....
    School system know's what's best....lol

Mandelon
    Remember Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam.....Bugs drew a gun without recourse.....

MADDOG355
    Remember Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam.....Bugs drew a gun without recourse.....
    Yea and when was the last time you saw that cartoon?
    No free thinking allowed!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast