Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ariz. school suspends boy for sketching gun

MADDOG355
    I emailed her, and gave her my support, and told her I would wait for the facts.
    Sounds pretty bad in this article, but I'm sure there is more to it....the sad part is according to the parents the child is an angel!!!
    My sister is an administrator in Norco, and the shit they have to put up with is beyond belief...
    Just aired on Fox news
    The school system claims the drawing was a threat, And all threats are punished.
    Even aired a pic of the drawing.
    Then had the nerve to tell the family. "Well you just moved here from CO and you should know better"

ck7684
    Guess they shoulda moved to texas!!

rrrr
    It's good they caught him early.....next thing you know....he would be sketching fighter jets with guns and bombs.... rockets......the female figure:jawdrop: ....and who knows what else......just like every little boy has done since the beginning of time.....
    School system know's what's best....lol
    Back in the 60's when I was drawing WWII fighters......they even had swastikas on them!
    That sort of stuff would get you into a liberal reeducation camp today.

ck7684
    I dont think your even allowed to draw an engine without proper pollution control systems in place either...

DUCKY
    I sent the principal an email. It basically said that if the drawing was a cause for concern ( I haven't seen it nor do I know of it's surrounding circumstances), fine. Call the kid's parents, maybe even request a meeting to discuss her concerns, but suspension was not called for an I hope she thinks about it before doing something like this again. Her actions could haunt this kid until he gets out of college (If he can even get into one after this).
    I am sure she would have loved the logo I drew up when I was about that age. I was racing R/C, and my logo was "Lethal Injection Racing" complete with a syringe bearing a skull and cross-bones......

Classic Daycruiser
    Do you remember bring squirt guns to class
    :idea:
    Maybe the NRA should get involved....like the NAACP did with Vick.
    How do you teach the constitution without a picture of a gun. I guess its best to get your firearm education on the streets.
    Maybe the child was interested in law enforcement...don't police carry guns?

Jordy
    Here's a picture of the "gun" he drew. If you ask me, the kid needs some f'kin art lessons if that's the best gun he can draw at 13. :notam:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1187925782

2Driver
    Here's a picture of the "gun"
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1187925782
    ooooh oooooh, please have Jordy suspended for posting this, he may be a mass killer.

SB
    My kids guns would blow that away.
    oops
    I'm worried about your predilection for violence. I prescribe sensitivity training, couseling, and Zoloft.

Jordy
    ooooh oooooh, please have Jordy suspended for posting this, he may be a mass killer.
    Wouldn't be the first time... suspended that is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123