Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "hot Boat Bash Gun Lake Mi August-18"

amatoracing
    We are having a Hot Boat get together for saturday august 18th 2007 at party island on Gun Lake MI. it is located just over from the state park boat launch. Gun lake mi is located between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo mi. you must exit at exit 61 off 131 x way and head straight east apprx 7 miles to the lake. from there you can launch at the county park. Or you can drive around the lake to the state park launch. if you have any questions please reply . there is going to be many drag boats v drives and jets there. any hot boat is welcome. this is a just a friendly get together with a few hot passes.

DetroitJim
    If there is a place to park and unload my 28 ft. hauler, I just might bring the hydro. Or is it too rough?
    DJ

amatoracing
    jim the state park has plenty of parking. it can handle hundreds of trailers very nice launch and is only 1/4 mile from party island. the water conditions vary depends on the amount of boat traffic and where you are on the lake it has many different bays also the water depth is deep by the island. we will have our hydro there and there will be others. i will post some pics of the lake soon.

sanger rat
    I'll see if I can make it.

Man thats the same weekend of the Kosh speed runs in Wisconsin maybe we'll see you at Bud Bash?

Unchained
    It looks like the 18th will work for me.
    I wonder if any of the old hard core racers will show up ?
    I heard Tom E and John H raised hell racing hydros there years ago.
    I wonder what top speed that lake has seen ? :idea:

amatoracing
    there has been many fast boats on this lake we have lived on this lake for 28 years. haas and tom e will most likely be here on saturday. this is why i am trying to get the baddest hot boats in the area together. so let,s spread the word and make this a good turnout. here is a pic of tom's sanger hydro from over 20 years ago when him and my dad and many others would get together.

amatosanger
    I wonder what top speed that lake has seen ? :idea:[/QUOTE]
    Ive had my PE hydro @ 145mph on Gun Lake , but it was on a weekday
    with hardly any boat traffic. John H. has run his boats on the lake , and Im
    sure he shattered that speed.

Unchained
    I haven't been to Gun Lake for many years and even then it was with a jet boat.
    I heard it is real shallow and you may have to walk your boat out for a long ways from the launch on the west side. Where are the shallow areas that need to be avoided ?

amatosanger
    I suggest launching @ the state park, the water there is deeper than the county park launch. Avoid the area on the west side of Party Island ,its shallow and rocky. Also, the area off the southwest point of the state park.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast