Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 300 DVD is out!!!!!!

BiggusJimbus
    Grindhouse was fun.
    The "previews" between the two movies were freakin' hilarious.

burbanite
    I saw it and I liked it, but I didn't find it very historically accurate. That is a from a period that I have done a lot of reading and I was really looking forward to the movie.
    Pretty much sums up my view on it as well. I did enjoy the cinematography and froggy, the original tale has been an "anthem" for an entirely different group of people for some time so I kept that close to me whilst watching the movie.

ChumpChange
    I realize that it has unfortunately become the overtly homosexual anthem of the year, but that doesn't make the movie any less great! I watched it in the theater and was hugely impressed by the screenplay and whole visual effect of the graphic novel, and even went so far as to buy the novel for myself for the coffee table.
    It is out now, so people have sampled it for you tube already. Scene after scene, the Spartans are just bad ass, but my favorite has to be the stacked high with dead bodies wall full of Xerxes men. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR2o-...elated&search=
    The DVD has a lot of special features too. Looks like they did the crossfit workout for a lot of the training as well.
    If you are a fan of history and myth kind of intertwining as one, you will love the movie. If you have seen it, what are your thoughts?
    Never saw the movie. Thanks for posting that scene.......

BoneDaddy
    I just rented 300 tonight. I will check back later after I watch it and give y'all my review.

Froggystyle
    I hate you!
    pwn3d...

kap
    Great Movie:
    The story is somewhat accurate not exact---- but it's a movie not a documentary. I cannot stand these movie critics that say it's not factually accurate what the hell do they know--- shut your trap and eat some popcorn.
    Mrs. HLB---Your a Spartan Sister ----my dad is from Sparta and Mom is from Macedonia, speak it, read it, and write it. I haven't been back to Sparta for quite some time most of are relatives are all here in the U.S. now. Every Spartan home has an icon or statue of King Leonidas--- yea it's a Spartan thing they wouldn't understand .
    I was at the pass when I last visited Sparta--- were the Spartans made their last stand and it was written the blood of Persians was so deep it was up to the thighs of the Spartan warriors. Now thats getting it on--- up close and personal .

Mrs.HLB
    Great Movie:
    The story is somewhat accurate not exact---- but it's a movie not a documentary. I cannot stand these movie critics that say it's not factually accurate what the hell do they know--- shut your trap and eat some popcorn.
    Mrs. HLB---Your a Spartan Sister ----my dad is from Sparta and Mom is from Macedonia, speak it, read it, and write it. I haven't been back to Sparta for quite some time most of are relatives are all here in the U.S. now. Every Spartan home has an icon or statue of King Leonidas--- yea it's a Spartan thing they wouldn't understand .
    I was at the pass when I last visited Sparta--- were the Spartans made their last stand and it was written the blood of Persians was so deep it was up to the thighs of the Spartan warriors. Now thats getting it on--- up close and personal .
    You are so right on.. just like watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding, that was funny and a little exaggerated but we can relate to it.. Parents were born in Pireaus and my mom's side is from Sparta.. we also speak,read and write Greek. I have not been back since I was kid but my parents just got back, they had a great time but were also happy to be back in the US.
    Yassou

Flyinbowtie
    Thanks for the heads up, Froggy, I pushed the button to buy it today.
    FWIW, the History Channel has a pretty good "Real Story" running every now and then, on the making of a Spartan, and it finishes up with the last stand of the 300. It is reasonably historically accurate based on what I have read.

SB
    I saw it, I had been looking forward to it, and I was a little underwhelmed. Not a bad movie, nothing I'd watch twice. The abs were a little distracting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123