Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOT NEW MOTOR NEED NEW PROP

TOBTEK
    ZSARGO:
    Boatmaster:
    Zargo I would think you will be alittle faster on top end, do to the fact that a lower pitch prop normaly has a lower slip factor. My own feeling is the taller 1.62 gears are the better set up. OH OH. YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN TOBY READS THIS. HEADS UP DAVE. its all good...with a 30ET its doing 90MPH thats plenty fast for me at this point. IM SURE DAVE has tried it each way (1:75 & 1:62) I hear he has made a few of these things now wink He asked me what I wanted and how we are going to use this boat. We have a skipole and plan to use it alot. Wifetec skis, I wakeboard, and I plan on doing some damage to KAB with the tube-o-death If It was ALL ABOUT top speed numbers I would have steped up on the light layup, woulda ditched the 1000 pounds of stereo equipment and put two 2.5's on the back...or better yet saved $20,000.00 and bought STAN's used MACH22 with almost no time on the 2.5's...what a deal that boat is! Has anybody bought it yet? Get rid of the blue carpet and its a killer ride for super cheap.

You Te
    You tell um Barney
    You Te

ZSARGO
    TOOK OUT THE BOAT WITH THE NEW 300X YESTERDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME. IT WOULD HAVE HELPED IF THE THE WIND WAS NOT BLOWING 50 MPH. TOUGH TO KEEP THE RPMS BETWEEN 4000-5000 OVER 4 FOOT WAVES IN A 22 FOOT BOAT. SURFS UP! WHAT'S WITH THE NO STARTING THE BOAT IN REVERSE. OOPS. MAYBE I SHOULD READ THE OWNERS MANUAL FIRST. ANYWAYS, I GOT TO TRY THE BRAVO 1 AND BARNEY WAS RIGHT, MUCH BETTER OUT OF THE HOLE. CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT ALARM NOT TO SOUND AT 5000 RPM.
    [ April 08, 2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: ZSARGO ]

HavasuDreamin'
    ZSARGO:
    CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT ALARM NOT TO SOUND AT 5000 RPM. That would drive me nuts. How long does that last for?
    PS.....congrats on the new motor. I bet it feels like a completely different boat. :
    [ April 08, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

ZSARGO
    HavasuDreamin':
    ZSARGO:
    CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT ALARM NOT TO SOUND AT 5000 RPM. That would drive me nuts. How long does that last for?
    PS.....congrats on the new motor. I bet it feels like a completely different boat. : I THINK THE FIRST HOUR. NO IDLING FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES.
    THE PEDAL FEELS MUCH MUCH LIGHTER, BUT I CAN'T REALLY GET THE MOTOR UP IN THE HIGH RPMS YET. THE REV LIMITER ON THE MOTOR IS SET AT 7100. I WAS RUNNING ABOUT 72 MPH YESTERDAY WITH A 26 PITCH BRAVO 1 AT ABOUT 4900 RPM. SO WE'LL SEE.
    [ April 08, 2003, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: ZSARGO ]

FASTERDAMITT
    Lester, I've been lookin for you!!! Last saturday, 5000rpm,3/4 throttle, not trimmed up yet,32 Bravo1, this thing fly's. Do the #'s. Had shel and kinds in back. Didn't want to go anyfaster and get slapped! Didn't see the speed I was to busy with fuel pressure, boost ect..
    I think I have a bad power valve in the carb, it's running very rich when we got back to the channel. Gotta check it out.

ZSARGO
    I'M NOT A NUMBERS GUY . GREG TOLD ME IT WAS RUNNING PRETTY GOOD. GLAD TO HERE IT. I'M GOING BACK UP FRIDAY. HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS.

MOPAR2YA
    Les, Congrads! I bet that wind was a blast.
    So far considering, is it what you expected?
    Friday is on

TOBTEK
    congrats on your new motor less...yeh that alarm is real neat isnt it everytime ya get close to going fast the frickin alarm goes off much better after 5 hours.....have fun!

ZSARGO
    TOBTEK:
    congrats on your new motor less...yeh that alarm is real neat isnt it everytime ya get close to going fast the frickin alarm goes off much better after 5 hours.....have fun! I HEAR YA. I REALLY DIDN'T GET TO RUN IT MUCH MAYBE 20 MINUTES MAX. I WANTED TO ASK YOU HOW HIGH YOUR MOTOR IS SET ON THE BRACKET. THE CONE ON THE LOWER WATER PICK UP SITS EVEN WITH THE CENTER SPONSON.
    [ April 08, 2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: ZSARGO ]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast