Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CP 19' Open Bow a little closer

GM Killer
    Love to see Fords in a CP. Hope it does what you want it too.
    Im putting the bottle to my "Big Ford" as well. Its good for a little additional umph

Sleeper CP
    An I always thought a 3/4 race cam only had 12 lobes on it?
    Rio
    We have a winner; that is the best answer. If I ever meet you I owe you a beer that that one.e
    Just got done working on that damn thing again. Mounting the two Nos bottles and methonal tank. The seats and side panels had to come out again what a pain.
    My brother and I hope to get done on Saturday and hit one of the local lakes on Sunday for shake down runs before Labor Day. Aha here we come......we hope
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    An I always thought a 3/4 race cam only had 12 lobes on it??
    Rio
    Dammit Rio, 3/4 race cams are only sold at JC Whitney

Jake W2
    Funny last post when I was reading your first post I thought what the hell,ebay pump ,ebay motor ect.Funny stuff.
    Jake

Sleeper CP
    Personally I would like to run the infamous 1 1/4 race cam. The specs are classified but basically it has zero bottom end , lopes til 4000 rpm and breaks all of my valve train components one piece at a time usually while down river. I think the name originated from needed about 125% more track than normal to actually hit peak power. Who ever said going fast was easy?
    But when the fuel curve and the cam catchup to one another it runs great doesn't it.
    Jake W2: At least someone thought it was funny or is that just a courtesy laugh
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Sleeper CP
    Didn't make it to the lake this weekend , but my brother and I replaced every braided line on the boat,Fuel,oil and water used a lot of the old fittings though (have to save some money some place).
    Checked everything we could, put water to the engine and fired it up. Sounded great. We have a few more things to do will hit one of the lakes on Thursday before heading off to Aha this weekend.
    Sleeper CP
    514" Ford Lover

pw_Tony
    What Lake? San V?

Sleeper CP
    What Lake? San V?
    More than likely El Cap.
    Sleeper

mlaines
    What time i'd like to see it run?

Sleeper CP
    This weekend was the first time the boat hit the water in 4 years.
    Friday afternoon at El Cap lake it ran 91 mph at 5,700 at approx 105 degrees the two people on board and full tanks. Made 8 full throttle passes everything was fine. Decided to head in and ooooops, the oil filter blew a gasket. The gasket on the System 1 let go. My fault, the filter is something like 12 years old. Blew about 3 quarts of Mobil 1 over the engine compartment and bilge. That was the third time that we had new interior in the boat and had oil blow all over it on the first trip to the water.
    It took about 45 minutes of wrenching to by-pass the filter with the external oil lines and we got in.
    Saturday morning headed to Aha Quin. Great place, great people. Had a blast. Bad weather as far as heat goes 115+. Boat ran 90 mph at 5700 off the bottle. Nitrous system was jacked up didn't have a chance to hit the button. Which is alright because there is more tuning to do before we need to worry about the Nitrous.
    Had a great time talking to Greg Shoemaker (GS Marine) Greg has a 19' CP closed bow. Got all kinds of set-up info from him. We are trying two different shoe's and an intake grate at his suggestion. The current set-up we can not get enough water to the pump. Intake pressure is at 30 psi - we are looking for 40-45 psi.
    Neil at SDPM wants to try some other hardware changes along the line of GS Marine. The ride plate and nozzle changes should compliment the shoe and intake grate changes. We'll see. One change at a time..... Hell that will take all day.
    Hopefully, with the new hardware we can see mid 90's off the bottle and pick up 10-12 mph on the bottle. Keep ya posted
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast