Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CP 19' Open Bow a little closer

Sleeper CP
    Second time to the river with new engine combo and Yes it is a 565" 935 HP
    off the bottle Ford.
    Since last post above, the impeller was sent to MPD. Jack trimmed it back one full size in the effort to pick up approx 500 rpm's on the engine.
    Neil at SDPM set the pump back in for us. He made some changes to try to get the boat to run clean and flat. We had Jack make us a new shoe per instructions from Greg Shoemaker (thanks Greg) and Neil set the hardware to it with a few guesses. The last time out at 91 mph the boat rode very looses and clean. But you could really feel how loose it was. My brother and I are both getting to old for that.( We'll still ride our XR-650's at 80+ in sand washes and though the pine forest in Mexico at those speeds, but we want the boat to feel as safe as it can be)
    Today on the GPS at Lake Martinez full tanks of gas and all the other crap in the boat it ran 96.6 twice and then it ran 98 mph at 6,200-6,300 off the bottle. This is with a very conservative hardware set up with 33-35psi of intake pressure. First of 3 new intake grates.
    The boat ran and shut down absolutely perfect. I couldn't ask for anything better. So if we want to air it out there is more left in it. I think with a couple of tweaks and maybe a different intake grate it will bust 100 off the bottle. Stay tuned.
    Oh, I didn't run the Nitrous because I didn't want to hurt anything before my brother and I took the kids out. Two of them first time to the river 8 and 9yrs the other two don't remember it was so long ago. My 11 yr old girl only had been twice before. We got the kids in the boat and took them tubing. Boat ran great for over 1 hour playing with the kids behind it and then : Oh Shit what is that sound .
    Shut it off; pulled the valve cover and the #1 intake rocker is loose. Re-lash rocker while floating on the lake put it back together and fire it. Damn bad sound just not as bad. Must be a lifter:idea:
    935 HP boat gets towed to the dock by a Sea DOO Oh well.
    Whated to take the kids on a speed run to Picacho, but we went to Monkey Island yesterday and to Ferguson Lake so they saw some of the river. So we took them on some rides on our friends Sea DOO's what a blast.
    Got home at 8:00 pm un-packed then I tore into the engine. Sure enough got the intake manifold off and the number 1 lifter is shot. I should have re-place them or had Crower re-build then when the engine went back together. Damn my fault. I doesn't look like the cam is hurt at all. Got to get Neils input on that tomorrow or Randy Walls. Anyway will try my best to be at the Power Tour with a few bottles of the juice.
    100 mph off the bottle here we come.
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover

camoman
    Dam CP you are close I would think a few more hardwhare changes and you should hit the sweet spot before you go huffing the juice Dam good job

IMPATIENT 1
    Second time to the river with new engine combo and Yes it is a 565" 935 HP
    off the bottle Ford.
    Since last post above, the impeller was sent to MPD. Jack trimmed it back one full size in the effort to pick up approx 500 rpm's on the engine.
    Neil at SDPM set the pump back in for us. He made some changes to try to get the boat to run clean and flat. We had Jack make us a new shoe per instructions from Greg Shoemaker (thanks Greg) and Neil set the hardware to it with a few guesses. The last time out at 91 mph the boat rode very looses and clean. But you could really feel how loose it was. My brother and I are both getting to old for that.( We'll still ride our XR-650's at 80+ in sand washes and though the pine forest in Mexico at those speeds, but we want the boat to feel as safe as it can be)
    Today on the GPS at Lake Martinez full tanks of gas and all the other crap in the boat it ran 96.6 twice and then it ran 98 mph at 6,200-6,300 off the bottle. This is with a very conservative hardware set up with 33-35psi of intake pressure. First of 3 new intake grates.
    The boat ran and shut down absolutely perfect. I couldn't ask for anything better. So if we want to air it out there is more left in it. I think with a couple of tweaks and maybe a different intake grate it will bust 100 off the bottle. Stay tuned.
    Oh, I didn't run the Nitrous because I didn't want to hurt anything before my brother and I took the kids out. Two of them first time to the river 8 and 9yrs the other two don't remember it was so long ago. My 11 yr old girl only had been twice before. We got the kids in the boat and took them tubing. Boat ran great for over 1 hour playing with the kids behind it and then : Oh Shit what is that sound .
    Shut it off; pulled the valve cover and the #1 intake rocker is loose. Re-lash rocker while floating on the lake put it back together and fire it. Damn bad sound just not as bad. Must be a lifter:idea:
    935 HP boat gets towed to the dock by a Sea DOO Oh well.
    Whated to take the kids on a speed run to Picacho, but we went to Monkey Island yesterday and to Ferguson Lake so they saw some of the river. So we took them on some rides on our friends Sea DOO's what a blast.
    Got home at 8:00 pm un-packed then I tore into the engine. Sure enough got the intake manifold off and the number 1 lifter is shot. I should have re-place them or had Crower re-build then when the engine went back together. Damn my fault. I doesn't look like the cam is hurt at all. Got to get Neils input on that tomorrow or Randy Walls. Anyway will try my best to be at the Power Tour with a few bottles of the juice.
    100 mph off the bottle here we come.
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover
    damn congrats sleeper!!!

Those are good numbers, 100 plus is tottally possible.
    How many seasons were on the lifters?

hotbo
    wow bro good job that sucks about the lifter,drain oil change filter,new lifters dont worry aobut it.
    well i would sure be careful on the juice with that boat,sleeper 100 of bottle depending how much juice you run you could gain 10mph easily be careful:jawdrop:

Sleeper CP
    Those are good numbers, 100 plus is totally possible.
    How many seasons were on the lifters?
    Chris,
    More than I want to admit too. I just screwed up, when the engine was apart if I had thought about it I would have replaced them. The engine ran a lot from 2000 to 2003 with them. In 2000 I had Reed Oliver at Crower check them an he replaced 3 of them with the new style. The others had a few seasons on them, then .
    So now that I think about it, the lifter that failed may have had 6 plus seasons on it. And we don't just sit on the sand bar when we go to the river, it's not like my brother and I need to work on the "tan". We do (did ) a lot of skiing behind the boat and a heck of a lot of running from Martinez to Picacho and all over the river. If I had thought about it I would have replaced the damn things .
    Where are you going to be this weekend, up river or at Martinez?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

VAMI
    Sleeper change out all those lifters.I had 4 years on mine being cheap,then it caught up.I broke one ruined the cam ,plus all the metal getting on the piston skirt scrathing up the cylider.Every 2 years now and the old ones go to the swamp meet.

RCB19
    drain oil change filter,new lifters dont worry aobut it.
    I think there might be a little more involved here if the roller end failed.

@theRVR
    You mean to tell me that you have never heard of a 3/4 RACE cam? Have you heard of a "full roller motor"? Have you ever heard of a "full race cam"? Well a 3/4 race cam is close to that but just a little less than a full race and a little more than just a race cam!
    :idea: a 3/4 race cams.... does it run for 3/4 of the race and then that's it??

hotbo
    I think there might be a little more involved here if the roller end failed.
    your probably right there ole buddy if the roller end went into pieces well that a different story.just trying to cheer him up and you never know might not be as bad as you initially think:idea:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast