Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: CP 19' Open Bow a little closer

Sleeper CP
    HB,
    Sounds like you have a very efficient set up there. I wish our was as efficient we could be running 105+ off the bottle.
    Efficiency is such a big part of the speed equation. In 1992 our boat had an American Turbine 9.25 AAA with 780 HP(crhp) from the 565" engine at 6,200 the engine made 730 lbs ft at 5,000. The boat ran 92 mph at 5,200 rpm's and 99.8 mph at 6,100 on the bottle. It ran that way for three years maybe four until we tore that impeller apart.I kick my self in the ass that we didn't buy another one of those impellers(but they were $1k back then) but to have turned one of them back to an A and rev to 5,800 or 6,000 the boat may have run 98-100 off the bottle.
    After the first American turbine let go we purchased another one. But we found out that they changed the casting for the impeller. We were told over and over that it was the same, BS. With no other changes the engine turned 5,200- 5,300 but the boat ran 88 mph. It lost 4 mph, so we tuned the impeller back to a AA and spun it 5,800 and got it to run 92 mph. 600 more rpms and the same mph. We ran that for two years and decided to try a Legend AA. It ran 5,800 and 92 mph. We were not very happy. The boat ran for two seasons with that and then it has set for four years until this year.
    In any case, nothing else changed on the boat other than the impeller and you can see what happened. That first impeller combo was incredibly efficient and we have been chasing that ghost for sometime now.
    To answer your question: The current impeller is a Legend MPD S/S "b" cut.
    the boat weighs in at 1,980 lbs w/no fuel. 990 lbs empty hull w/ pump installed.
    Since it is an open-bow I don't know how much that effects the speed of the boat, areo and weight wise. We have a new cover for the open bow, just haven't put it on yet.
    The 98 mph last weekend was with 24 gallons of gas,anchor, 30 lbs tool box and a bunch of other crap in the boat.
    Lastly, we are only going to make it to the river 2-3 three more times this year, but maybe we'll run into you at Aha Quinn next year. We have only been to the river twice in the last 4 years , but from what I recall of the typical river hardware your 726 HP CP will spank a whole bunch of 800+ hp 19' Daytona's. I can't wait to see it run
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

HBjet
    The 98 mph last weekend was with 24 gallons of gas,anchor, 30 lbs tool box and a bunch of other crap in the boat.
    Thanks for the reply. Now get that crap out of here and you will be at 100mph in the amount of time it takes you to toss all of that junk on the beach
    I am sure if I played with the hardware I could get to 97-98 and maybe even 99, but I think with my deal 100 might be a little hard without a bottle. The 150 shot though certainly gets me past 100

MAXIMUS
    Thanks for the reply. Now get that crap out of here and you will be at 100mph in the amount of time it takes you to toss all of that junk on the beach
    I am sure if I played with the hardware I could get to 97-98 and maybe even 99, but I think with my deal 100 might be a little hard without a bottle. The 150 shot though certainly gets me past 100
    Just think what would happen with 200 shot!

Sleeper CP
    Have you ever put a pressure gauge on the intake and what shoe do you have in it?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Sleeper CP
    Bump.
    Sleeper CP

Cas
    started reading the last few posts and thought "oh crap"......then noticed the dates......asswad!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567