Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for any pics of Bob Long's boats

taylormanss
    I would like to see if there are any other daycruisers out there like the one I have. mine is a 19' semi v .

ol guy
    Would that be the 19ft daytona mini-day cruiser? Bob Long sold those boats in alot of different drives and basically a design build for the purchaser. I have had 2 and never a problem with either. !!!!!! question being????????????? Mark

LeE ss13
    Here's my old Bob Long piece !!!!!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...y_Daytona2.jpg
    Later to become ss80 then K5

ol guy
    nice ride,bob long raced many boats and had good days and bad days as all did trying to turn a daytona sprint (it was a beismier splash as many did with A 3 degree bottom and when learned handled very well) Bob long raced many other owners boats and again had good days and bad. IF you ever have the time look up the Hobbit and dark side of the moon back in the mid 80's and that will tell a story that goes to far back to remember for me. And just for the record Bob Long was a friend of mine and we both had shops within 1 mile of eachother and I did by boats from him without any regrets.

taylormanss
    that's a great looking splash! yes the mini daycruiser is 19' v-drive 466 ford velvet drive 1:1 going thru a c-500,don't know what gears,and haven't checked the three blade pitch yet.I personally think it is a great looking boat.

LeE ss13
    OK wait .... according to Bob Long, who I met at his Sundown Marine in Huntington Beach CA in the early '80s, the 18 foot Daytona Sprints like the one in the picture, came from the original Biesemeyer mold that Bob owned. What he did not own was the name. I owned a 77 Biesemeyer and that 83 Daytona at the same time, and they were the same inch for inch. The strut, the strakes, the rocker. Bergeron would know for sure. He made the struts in both boats. Now I have been mistaken in the past, but as far as I know, the 18 foot Daytona was from the same mold as the early Biesemeyer, not a splash.

taylormanss
    thanks for the info.

ol guy
    Did not mean to insult or cause offense. Bob did by an old beismeyer mold and fabricated his daytona of that mold, thats why I said splash. Great turning and handling boat whatever It was. If I ruffled feathers sorry. Mark

LeE ss13
    That's cool. Nothing ruffled.

taylormanss
    that's why i posted over here,cause i knew you guys knew what you were talking about!. this boat is from the west coast,and i need info on it. v-drive daycruisers are few in numbers over here in texas.there are a couple guys over here that are knowledgable like garry snow who put the boat back together at one point.but not a lot of guys who know history like you guys,thanks for all the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast