Thread: HOLY CRAP it was rough on Mead yesterday.

beaverretriever
    I took the new boat out for about 2 hrs. In the 3 yrs I have been boating there I have never seen it that rough. Chest high rollers with white caps. So rough and windy that one of the needles on my fuel guage broke off because of the pounding.LOL. Honestly, I should have not gone out. It was dangerous and not fun.
    Overall the boat did run awesome. When the wind knocked the waves down to 3 foot chop the thing felt like a Caddy. Its amazing how much better this 21foot cat rides than my 23foot V. Its not even a comparison. Turning, now that is a different story...LOL
    Can't wait to get on some better water with it.

2forcefull
    I took the new boat out for about 2 hrs. In the 3 yrs I have been boating there I have never seen it that rough. Chest high rollers with white caps. So rough and windy that one of the needles on my fuel guage broke off because of the pounding.LOL. Honestly, I should have not gone out. It was dangerous and not fun.
    Overall the boat did run awesome. When the wind knocked the waves down to 3 foot chop the thing felt like a Caddy. Its amazing how much better this 21foot cat rides than my 23foot V. Its not even a comparison. Turning, now that is a different story...LOL
    Damm, I was gonna go out yesterday but didn't think anyone would be out

dirty old man
    I've boated on Mead since the early 60's, as well as nearly every lake west of the Mississippi, and Mead can really be fun at times. More than once, I wished I were back on the trailer. I've done rescues of people left on beaches after their boats swamped. Its takes a cig or heavier to pound your way back to a marina

beaverretriever
    Damm, I was gonna go out yesterday but didn't think anyone would be out
    I probably should have stayed home...LOL

Jyruiz
    Where the hell are the pics of the new boat?:devil:

I'mTheBeaver
    Not the best shots but we will have more this weekend. http://www.hellodaly.com/2007/08/turning-tricks.html

dicudmore
    I probably should have stayed home...LOL
    I think I recommended you go to Mohave instead...you'll see tomorrow WHEN we go there why I said so

Jyruiz
    Not the best shots but we will have more this weekend. http://www.hellodaly.com/2007/08/turning-tricks.html
    Looks really nice, congrats.

MrsGHT
    Great to hear that you guys have the boat now and everything went well. When will you all be heading out this weekend? We're leaving tomorrow, hopefully late afternoon.

MrsGHT
    Looks awsome! Can't wait to see it this weekend!