Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dad's crash at Don Pedro

sb540
    As some might already know...My old man crashed his Sanger Hydro doing over 100mph back in Big Creek at Lake Don Pedro. He is in a pretty bad state right now. We are going to have a very long road to recovery.
    I wanted to let you guys know that we are having a golf tournament to help support my family through these rough times.
    More details to come. We should have some great raffle prizes there that you wont need to be present to win. The tourn will be in the Bay Area just outside of Fremont
    www.wakeuprochegolf.com
    Thanks so much

707dog
    damn bro sorry to hear this about your pops...best wishes to your family and friends...

sb540
    He went out for a pass just before dinner when the water was nice. The boat started to walk and either came apart or took a violent turn and tossed him. He used to race Blown Gas Hydro for years so we doubt it was anything he could control. He was wearing a LIFELINE jacket, but no helmet. He sustained a major head trauma and a slightly fractured vertabra. He has been in a coma state since the accident. So until he wakes, there is no way of telling the extent of the brain damage. Although intial CT scans show it to be pretty severe.
    We are all keeping our hope up though

Bense468
    Damn that doesn't sound good. Good luck to you and your family in this time.

deltarat
    Wow Bro, really sorry to here about this. Thanks God for the LIFELINE. I hope this all truns out ok for your father.
    I will say a prayer for your family thats for sure.

snake321
    Good luck to your ol man

shippingguy
    Sorry to hear that. Prayers are with your family and father during this trying time. Try to keep a positive outlook on things.
    Mike

LandSpeedRacer
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and if it is any consolation, he is still alive because he had his Lifeline on. Please, everyone, put your gear on and be safe.
    Scott

bocco
    Glad you started this thread to keep us posted.
    Here's hoping to see Ric back on the houseboat soon.
    Gary

Heatseeker
    ...and if it is any consolation, he is still alive because he had his Lifeline on. Please, everyone, put your gear on and be safe.
    Scott
    Scott, I agree with you 100% on this. Apparently, there were some contusions in his groin area suggesting that the crotch straps were stressed when the jacket tried to slide off. Without those straps, Ric would probably be in another place right now.
    I emailed Lifeline to thank them for their product saving my cousin's life.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast