Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dad's crash at Don Pedro

Familycat
    What houseboat are you guy on? You on the Fleming side. We have Pleasure Pad 2 up there across from the marina.
    And we would love to have you and anyone else. And if you could have Jeff and anyone else who assisted contact me that would be great. We want anyone who helped there to give them a hug for pulling him out and saving his life.
    We would love to meet you. We are on a the houseboat named "Equity at its Best". I believe it was originally named "For Play". It is normally in the marina at Fleming but with the broken dock we are in the forth string in Schoolhouse cove. I will attach pictures. Are you planning on going back up anytime soon?
    Rick

sb540
    We would love to meet you. We are on a the houseboat named "Equity at its Best". I believe it was originally named "For Play". It is normally in the marina at Fleming but with the broken dock we are in the forth string in Schoolhouse cove. I will attach pictures. Are you planning on going back up anytime soon?
    Rick
    Ya it would be great to meet you guys too. I probably wont go up for a few months. Just to let everything settle down. But my mom is going to go up within the next couple weeks to gather a few things and take a day off. We are in Buzzard cove second line in. Anytime you see someone on the boat swing by and say hi. I attached a picture with my Daytona
    Ryanhttp://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n184/lflsjet/106_0642.jpg?t=1188324966

Familycat
    Ya it would be great to meet you guys too. I probably wont go up for a few months. Just to let everything settle down. But my mom is going to go up within the next couple weeks to gather a few things and take a day off. We are in Buzzard cove second line in. Anytime you see someone on the boat swing by and say hi. I attached a picture with my Daytona
    Ryanhttp://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n184/lflsjet/106_0642.jpg?t=1188324966
    We will stop by. Nice Daytona. If you look closely at the pictures I attached, one shows a 22 Daytona which is ours and the others shows a 204 Stoker which is my brothers. I would attach them like you did if I know how.
    Let us know if you need a break and want to come up. Might be a good thing. Not sure.
    Rick

stoker2001
    Sorry to here about your Dad
    My wife grew up houseboating On DP 1975 thru 1985 with a houseboat they kept at Moccassin named Fore Play
    They sold it to a guy named Carl,that we heard passed away a year or two ago
    If you are the original owner of the yellow Stoker,we have met on a couple of outtings on the delta and berryessa
    Prayers and thoughts for you Dad
    Kevin Kraft

Sanitariumflat
    Sorry to hear about your father bro. Our thoughts & prayers are with him, you, & your family. I've hit a thousand things with a golf club and a golf ball is not one of them. Do you have anything else set up that us non-golfer types might be able to contribute to?
    Smash

sb540
    Sorry to hear about your father bro. Our thoughts & prayers are with him, you, & your family. I've hit a thousand things with a golf club and a golf ball is not one of them. Do you have anything else set up that us non-golfer types might be able to contribute to?
    Smash
    Thank you man I appreciate it. We are in the process of setting some other things up. I will post when we get them ready. Thanks again..

Familycat
    Sorry to here about your Dad
    My wife grew up houseboating On DP 1975 thru 1985 with a houseboat they kept at Moccassin named Fore Play
    They sold it to a guy named Carl,that we heard passed away a year or two ago
    If you are the original owner of the yellow Stoker,we have met on a couple of outtings on the delta and berryessa
    Prayers and thoughts for you Dad
    Kevin Kraft
    The houseboat we purchased was built new in 2002 and was spelt slightly differently "For Play". My brother owns the Stoker you are referring to. He is the original owner. Been on the Delta and Berryessa many times.
    Rick

BA Kurtis
    Cant make the golf toruney, but I will sure pray for your family, so sorry about your dad. God Bless

Heatseeker
    I can't believe there aren't more golfers here willing to play a nice course with a good meal afterwards for a good cause. I even hear there's going to be carts all along the course with a bunch of hotties dispensing cold beers.
    C'mon fellas, sign up and come out for the day!

bocco
    Hope it's OK to paste this in from wakeuproche web site. I'm assuming family has been a bit busy to update the forums. Also even for those of us that don't golf let's do the lunch. Maybe we get a ***boat table or two going. So here's the two latest updates:
    Update 9/8/2007
    WOW, No one can tell me the power of positive thinking and miracles do not happen. When I walked into Ric's room today I saw something that still amazes me. He was sitting in a hospital chair next to his bed with his eyes fully open and when I walked in and said Heya Ricky Baby, he looked up at me. It was the best feeling I have had in 36 days. He was trying to mouth some words and definately focused on us when we talked. I feel he knows who we are and he is replying to questions via squeezing hands. He was awake about 4 hours today and everyday it gets a little longer. As of noon today they were taking him off his ventalator and if he can successfully breathe on his own they will move him from the expensive care unit...I mean intensive care unit to a regular room and soon remove the trache and give him the ability to talk. I know this site is for updates and not personal feelings but Oh my what a day!! Debbie, Dan, Doug, Ryan and the whole family your amazing daily push and work has proven so awarding, Big love to you all and what a feeling to see Ric's eyes looking back at us!! To everyone out there your support, dedication and all of the help you have all shown in so many ways is greatly appreciated. This means we will eventually bring Ric home and have some serious remodeling to do in the near future and help is needed through contributing to the account and or helping with the golf tournament. We need lots of golfers so come show your support regardless of the level of play there will be fun to be had by all with some great raffle prizes and a wonderful lunch. A reminder the date is October 28th. An earlier update said the 14th but it has been changed. More to come soon.....
    Update 9/12/2007
    OK I must say these updates are getting a lot more fun!! Well Ric had a room full of friends and family this morning from what I hear....he is recognizing everyone and mouthing peoples names. He says good bye and is asking for something but noone can figure out what it is. I am sure everyone that reads this has an idea or two... They are still weening him off of the ventilator and have him sitting up daily. He can wiggle toes and is grabbing your hand and holding hands. He is staying up a little longer as the days go by and showing steady progress. We are continually seeing the support come in in many ways and appreciate everyone that is contributing. We need more golfers and hope even if you do not golf we see EVERYONE there for the luncheon. We still are looking for raffle ideas and prizes so please let us know if you would like to help. Lets bring Ric home!!! More to come soon........

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast