Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shipping a boat back east?

bear down
    How do transport companies charge? by the mile or by trip? I need someone to ship my boat over to Illinois next year. thanks

Jbb
    How do transport companies charge? by the mile or by trip? I need someone to ship my boat over to Illinois next year. thanks
    I think about $1.50 a mile

3:30dirty
    I talked to Jeff Murray on the phone today. His rate is 2.25 mile. Mileage starts at point of pick up to when the boat is dropped off. He is fully insured and tows the boat. It is not put ON a trailer. He has a lot of references. Sounds like he is pretty busy. FYI

Jordy
    Here ya go:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161854
    On something like that, they should give you a backhaul rate which should be approximately half. That's how it works with big rigs and equipment.

clearfork
    I am looking to ship as well?
    Maybe we could split something?
    Just a thought...
    I am heading out in a week or so ..... if I dont come up with another way.
    good luck.. either way....MP

shueman
    I talked to Jeff Murray on the phone today. His rate is 2.25 mile. Mileage starts at point of pick up to when the boat is dropped off. He is fully insured and tows the boat. It is not put ON a trailer. He has a lot of references. Sounds like he is pretty busy. FYI
    That's an excellent rate. Single boats are about $3 a mile now... Not sure what the flat-bed rates are, but we (Eliminator) use them alot. Call Stephanie if you want some carrier ideas. (951) 681-1222

RidinRed
    Here ya go:
    On something like that, they should give you a backhaul rate which should be approximately half. That's how it works with big rigs and equipment.
    That is what i was thinking too.

Panic Button
    $2/mile for a fully insured licensed company. The private and fly by night guys are $1.25-$1.50/mile. You get what yo upay for...

AZJD
    Here ya go:
    Do you read everything?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast