Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plumber question...

Outnumbered
    Landscaper broke my copper water main today with a pick-axe. Focking main was only 8" under grade
    Anyway, he fixed it using a brass compression union. Is this going to hold perm or should I have him solder a new piece of pipe in?
    Thanks

Boatcop
    Negative, Ghost Rider!
    Make him solder a coupling on it.
    I don't think you can put compression fittings underground.
    National Plumbing Code (http://rialliance.net/test.html)

bchbum
    Under ground with no side to side movement ,should be no problem . I use these all the time on the docks , I've used them on pvc when we can't get a complete shutdown also. If you don't like it make them do it right .

ULTRA26 # 1
    Negative, Ghost Rider!
    Alan,
    You got me again with that POS.

voodoomedman
    Negative, Ghost Rider!
    Seriously dude! I think it takes away your credibility a little bit. I for one always value what you say but I will think twice before clicking on anything you post. I mean once or twice but your putting it on every thread.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Seriously dude! I think it takes away your credibility a little bit. I for one always value what you say but I will think twice before clicking on anything you post. I mean once or twice but your putting it on every thread.
    It's a link on an Internet message board.....it's not that big of a deal.....Certainly not enough to call into question someones credibility.....Hover over the link before you click on it, it's the safest thing to do anyway with any link.....

Boatcop
    What can I say. I'm home today and bored.
    "Fool me once, Shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me."

voodoomedman
    It's a link on an Internet message board.....it's not that big of a deal.....Certainly not enough to call into question someones credibility.....Hover over the link before you click on it, it's the safest thing to do anyway with any link.....
    Don't get me wrong I'm not all butthurt. Just trying to give a word to the wise. I'm a little more than computer savvy and I know to mouse over and read the link. The thing is that Alan is credible and I usually don't think twice about clicking on one of his links. Now I will think about it and maybe even question if his post is just a shill so he can post up the link. Once or twice is funny but doing it on every post for a couple of days with no end in sight. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Outnumbered
    OK, back on topic please. I would like to burry this water main but I am thinking if it starts to leak while its burried it will take a while to find out. If it is no biggie then I am good to go.
    Thanks

redneckcharlie
    Don't get me wrong I'm not all butthurt. Just trying to give a word to the wise. I'm a little more than computer savvy and I know to mouse over and read the link. The thing is that Alan is credible and I usually don't think twice about clicking on one of his links. Now I will think about it and maybe even question if his post is just a shill so he can post up the link. Once or twice is funny but doing it on every post for a couple of days with no end in sight. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.
    I'd have to agree! It pisses me the fook off! With all the crap that goes on with the internet and viruses, I just don't think that kind of thing is a joke at all. Just my O2, doesn't mean a whole lot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast