Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plumber question...

redneckcharlie
    The kind of repair your talking about is used very frequently on job sites. Theres nothing wrong with them. Eighty percent of the plumbing repairs I do contain a slip type compression fitting. I use alot of the Shark Bite connects. I have yet to have any fail. I personally wouldn't worry about it, but I also do it every day. Good luck.

framer1
    Don't get me wrong I'm not all butthurt. Just trying to give a word to the wise. I'm a little more than computer savvy and I know to mouse over and read the link. The thing is that Alan is credible and I usually don't think twice about clicking on one of his links. Now I will think about it and maybe even question if his post is just a shill so he can post up the link. Once or twice is funny but doing it on every post for a couple of days with no end in sight. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.
    I have to agree....i'm done opening any links Personally I really don't think its that funny....it's just a pain in the ass. imho I always felt like this site was a safe haven from that Bull$hit

ULTRA26 # 1
    Landscaper broke my copper water main today with a pick-axe. Focking main was only 8" under grade
    Anyway, he fixed it using a brass compression union. Is this going to hold perm or should I have him solder a new piece of pipe in?
    Thanks
    Considering that sweating in a new piece of copper isn't that difficult, I would have it repaired correctly. I had the same thing happen when I was replacing my concrete driveway with pavers. It was repaired with new piece of copper, soldered in place. Just my.02

Outnumbered
    Considering that sweating in a new piece of copper isn't that difficult, I would have it repaired correctly. I had the same thing happen when I was replacing my concrete driveway with pavers. It was repaired with new piece of copper, soldered in place. Just my.02
    I agree with you. The guy did not have his torch and shit wit him so he just did it this way. I told him to leave it exposed for a day so I can keep an eye on it. I think I'll have him come back and do it right. I am afraid the tree roots nearby may heave it a little and cause it to leak a year or two down the road.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Don't get me wrong I'm not all butthurt. Just trying to give a word to the wise. I'm a little more than computer savvy and I know to mouse over and read the link. The thing is that Alan is credible and I usually don't think twice about clicking on one of his links. Now I will think about it and maybe even question if his post is just a shill so he can post up the link. Once or twice is funny but doing it on every post for a couple of days with no end in sight. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.
    Fair enough. Came across as you were butthurt...I have not seen the other posts with the link so that's why I thought it was no big deal...Besides, having met Alan a few years ago, not for work related reasons, I know he's a cool cat...

rrrr
    LOL......I've been all cool n' shit the last few days because I avoided the Rick roller......Boatcop nailed my ass on that one.

Ladies and Gentlemen (using the term loosely)...
    I've had numerous complaints on the link. The party needs to be over. Please stop posting it everywhere.
    While I can tell you how to install a toilet, I'll refrain from commenting on the pressure line issue. If it doesn't have to do with some kind of shit, I never get involved.

rrrr
    Rexie, I have a suggestion......every time the link get posted, move the thread to the "Just Jets" forum. It'll keep 'em entertained for hours over there. :crossx: :crossx:

Ziggy
    I thought code requires no fittings beneath grade. I'd at least want a soldered fitting.

Ziggy
    Ladies and Gentlemen (using the term loosely)...
    I've had numerous complaints on the link.
    Are you kidding me, people actually whine to you about petty stuff? It's never even occured to me to complain about shit here, hell its a free site...:sleeping:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast