Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ultra 27' Shadow peeps...

Mattman
    I need your input. Helping a buddy shop for a cat. Talked to Barry at Ultra today and got some good info and now I need all of your guys/gals input on goods, bads, indifferent and so on. He has narrowed his picks down to two manufacturers. We will be in Havasu Sun thru Tues looking at the one then headed to Ultra. Anybody available those days for a ride? If not, your input here would be appreciated. Also, if you have any info/feedback on the 26' Deck.

Bense468
    There is an ultra section on these boards. Johnwithjm also has a real nice 26 deck for sale on here. Its the corona ultra demo boat.

Cole Trickle
    Quality manufacturer
    Great customer service
    nice product
    Heavy boat with alot of freeboard
    Great room and cuddy for a cat
    Alot of boat/rigging for the $$$
    The 27 needs atleast a 525 to take advantage of hull (80mph)
    The 26 (my favorite boat i could afford) is a little lower profile with the same bottom. boat is a little lighter and works well with a 496HO....It would be a hot rod 85+ with a 525
    I think you will be hard pressed to get more for your money. I have never heard a owner of a ultra talk negatively about there boat or company.

Deano
    My brother has a shadow and loves it. He had a few issues with his "unwarranted" engine. John stepped up and took care of it without issue…huge props to John and crew.
    I am seriously considering getting a 26 deck with outboards for next season. Nice boats, priced right, and great customer service.

dicudmore
    I need your input. Helping a buddy shop for a cat. Talked to Barry at Ultra today and got some good info and now I need all of your guys/gals input on goods, bads, indifferent and so on. He has narrowed his picks down to two manufacturers. We will be in Havasu Sun thru Tues looking at the one then headed to Ultra. Anybody available those days for a ride? If not, your input here would be appreciated. Also, if you have any info/feedback on the 26' Deck.
    what else is he looking at?
    Ultra 27' Shadow--my take (I owned one for a year)
    overall an outstanding lake boat. As said--NEEDS a 525 or bigger. Beautiful gel-coat work, nice rigging, nice interior layout--very roomy! 27 is a TALL boat, lots of freeboard and makes for a very dry ride. You have to try pretty hard to get sprayed in the face driving that A trained monkey could get you home safe in one--very easy to drive, no bad habits--no porpoise at any speed, and no tricks. Very confidence inspiring boat to drive aka you won't go down the lake thinking, wow, that maneuver almost killed us! Will lean out a little bit in turns at slower speeds, at 60+ will take a nice inside lean. Very solid build and very stable ride, its a heavy boat.
    26' deck is the same bottom--less freeboard and no molded swim step.

dicudmore
    My brother has a shadow and loves it. He had a few issues with his "unwarranted" engine. John stepped up and took care of it without issue…huge props to John and crew.
    I am seriously considering getting a 26 deck with outboards for next season. Nice boats, priced right, and great customer service.
    was that the raylar motor shadow build?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Now you're talkin. I have been waiting to see a 26 with twins for a long time. Fast, for sure.

Deano
    was that the raylar motor shadow build?
    Not sure who built it first. It's all forged with a few more ponies now Everyone went out of their way to make it a kick ass engine.

voodoomedman
    PM Shippingguy if he doesn't see this. I'm sure he will take care of you with your info.

Deano
    Now you're talkin. I have been waiting to see a 26 with twins for a long time. Fast, for sure.
    After my dilema that put me on the beach for a month..I'm thinking weed wackers are the way to go on those wide open, up river, extended runs

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast