Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ultra 27' Shadow peeps...

Singleton
    The Ultra 26 Deck is a great boat.
    Only great weekends on the river with it and it works well with the 496HO.
    IMO the Ultra team takes cutomer service to the next level. On the way home from my first trip to the river, my truck broke down heading into El Cajon. Called John and Jason at Ultra and the next thing I knew, I was parking my boat at Ultra for two weeks while my truck was getting fixed. Allowed me to nurse the truck home and not worry about the boat.

dicudmore
    After my dilema that put me on the beach for a month..I'm thinking weed wackers are the way to go on those wide open, up river, extended runs
    Dan <----outboard convert
    however, do you like the smell of gear oil? You'll be changing it often, like every day that you run your boat

Cole Trickle
    After my dilema that put me on the beach for a month..I'm thinking weed wackers are the way to go on those wide open, up river, extended runs
    I would love to build that boat
    26 Deck+2X 300XS's =:devil: :sqeyes:

dicudmore
    I would love to build that boat
    26 Deck+2X 300XS's =:devil: :sqeyes:
    get on with it winter build--it can be ready for the LA show

ultra27jay
    i love mine......

Cole Trickle
    get on with it winter build--it can be ready for the LA show
    Brandin + cost of wedding =
    Your free and single when are you trading in the 30 for a 32 with twin merc 700's? :idea:

dicudmore
    I forgot in my first reply the most important part, or at least it was to me when I was having a boat built last (late 05)
    What sold me on the Shadow, and why I would buy another one over lots of other choices and great boats was the people that are Ultra boats...
    I posted my experiences here, and I'm sure with enough searching I could find the old threads but it was how I was treated and how much they all genuinely cared about us that was a deal sealer.
    I broke a drive the day of the desert storm poker run 06, somebody must have seen us getting towed and called Ultra because my cell was ringing with JW on the line asking about the boat long before we were done towing it in. He made a few calls and had service arrangements made for me by the time I got back to the house. Just one of MANY help stories

dicudmore
    Brandin + cost of wedding =
    Your free and single when are you trading in the 30 for a 32 with twin merc 700's? :idea:
    when I'm finished with the 26' outboard boat

Cole Trickle
    when I'm finished with the 26' outboard boat
    No way your going from a 30 to a 26 considering your addition to speed...lol
    I figured you for a 40 flat deck proir to 2010:devil:

shippingguy
    I need your input. Helping a buddy shop for a cat. Talked to Barry at Ultra today and got some good info and now I need all of your guys/gals input on goods, bads, indifferent and so on. He has narrowed his picks down to two manufacturers. We will be in Havasu Sun thru Tues looking at the one then headed to Ultra. Anybody available those days for a ride? If not, your input here would be appreciated. Also, if you have any info/feedback on the 26' Deck.
    First off. Ultra as a company is great. My wife was JW's assistant for four years. I also help JW and John D. with sales on the side when they need help and at the shows. I am on my fourth Ultra in the same amount of years. I started out as just a regular old customer coming through the door. I have been treated very well since day one and believe in their product. You will be hard pressed to find anybody to say anything bad about the company, JW and their boats.
    Now regarding the 27 Shadow. I am on my second one. My first had a 525 and now this 20007 has a Teague 800. The boat is very easy to drive. I would not suggest anything less than a 525 in the 27. The boat is very roomy and it is a heavy boat, puts up the same performance #'s as any other in it's class weighing 800-1000 lbs less. It will go thorugh any chop that Havasu will thorw at it. The boat DOES NOT PORPOISE at any speed or in ANY water conditions. There is a ton of storage and plenty of room in the cuddy which is hard to find in a cat in this size class. I can sit down there comfortably and I am 6'3. Bang for the buck you will be hard pressed to find another boat out there that will give you all that the 27 Shadow has to offer and most importantly Ultra will stand behind their product no matter what.
    The 26 Deck is the same bottom less freeboard. I put about 10-15 hours on the first one out of the mold giving test rides at last years regatta. The boat handls the chop very well. I personally am not a deckboat person, but I would not hesitate in buying one if I was in the market for a deckboat.
    If you have any other questions or are looking for a ride I will be out for Labor Day and will be more than willing to give you and your buddy a ride in my boat. You can PM me or call me anytime at 714-313-1235.
    Mike

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast