Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ultra 27' Shadow peeps...

Mattman
    Thanks to all of you for the info. Wish I would have done this when I bought my first boat. As far as the Shadow goes, open or closed bow? Preference? I have always had open bows and a deck but Cigalert wants a place for the baby to get out of the sun. I have told him to stick with open. What do you think?

Hfmnhoe
    Thanks to all of you for the info. Wish I would have done this when I bought my first boat. As far as the Shadow goes, open or closed bow? Preference? I have always had open bows and a deck but Cigalert wants a place for the baby to get out of the sun. I have told him to stick with open. What do you think?
    everyones gonna get what works for them. i like my open/cuddy. 27 shadow at 27' has sum good head room under cuddy for that size of boat, great to get out of the sun and the cold

shadow
    IMO i just hate to see a hole cut in such a good looking boat.
    But on the other hand i've seen some very nice open bow Shadows,i guess
    whatever works for the customer.
    I'd be happy to own Shippingguys 27

shippingguy
    IMO i just hate to see a hole cut in such a good looking boat.
    But on the other hand i've seen some very nice open bow Shadows,i guess
    whatever works for the customer.
    I'd be happy to own Shippingguys 27
    Thanks Darrel. If it was all up to me I would have a closed bow, but you have to make others(wife) happy too. My next one WILL be a closed bow. If you are going with the open bow I like the crawl thru better.
    Remember one thing between the 26 and 27 you sit more IN the 27 than in the 26. You fill more tucked in the boat.
    Mike

Ivan Dan
    I'm the friend of Mattman. Thanks for all the info. I was almost 100% set on a Sleek Enforcer and then I started to get turned on by the 27 Thor (I like the idea of not being able to haul dumbasses around because I'm out of room). Yeah price increase to say the least but the lines of the Thor are pretty damn nice. After about 45 phone calls and text between Mattman and I he suggusted to take a peek at the 27 Shadow. I let him know I've already been kicking that one around also and I love the lines of the 27 but heard it was a little on the heavy side. While looking at the 27 I actually think I like the 26 deck a little more. But the wife doesn't want a deck with the little one now in the picture. I really like the idea of the 27 having a lot of freeboard.
    For the cali peeps, I just got through paying my taxes on a $35k boat. Obviously the we're talking about are over double. Do you register a Ultra in cali or AZ? Or am I paying a grand a year for luxury tax? What should I be looking at on insurance on a 525 on either of the 27 cats or 26 deck?
    I'm making a decision within the next month and just trying to tell my ducks where the hell I'm want them and how straight.
    Just some thoughts from the guy behind the guy.
    So where should I attempt to sell my current boat...you think a 2006 Yamaha AR210 is worthy of posting in the spam section?
    Theres always this boat for $80,000 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158630)

Mattman
    Sweet rig!!

DEMOMAN
    Mattman, We will also be out for Labor Day. I would be more than happy to take you out in our 27 with a 525. As Dan and Mike have said the 27 sits high and dry with lots of storage room. The boat has zero porpoise and handles the ruff stuff no problem. If you have any questions call me anytime 760-580-4285.

Cigalert
    So many nice words about Ultra. So much to think about. I've always liked deep-v's but the cats these days are looking so much more wicked. My first time on a cat I remember taking a ride on some dudes boat called terminator 2? I was 19 and wasted...can't remember much. Any who, we blazed down to copper canyon through the slop at around 80. I was impressed with how that boat handled. And then Mattman got his 22' Advantage sport cat. So I gots to thinking, those cat hulls are a nice damn ride. Their different in regards to handling but I think I've been swayed.
    So now I have to ask, who's towing 26/27 with what? I have a Tahoe with a 5.3. So if I have to tow/launch with a 2 wheel drive tahoe what do you think about that? Suspension? Supercharger? Should I look into the air asist for the rear suspension? I might be able to keep the boat in Havi at a buddy's house but I keep my boat at my work right now. Just wondering in case I have to tow from SoCal. Also, I've seen good performance gains from using a Hypertech...yay...nay?

shippingguy
    So many nice words about Ultra. So much to think about. I've always liked deep-v's but the cats these days are looking so much more wicked. My first time on a cat I remember taking a ride on some dudes boat called terminator 2? I was 19 and wasted...can't remember much. Any who, we blazed down to copper canyon through the slop at around 80. I was impressed with how that boat handled. And then Mattman got his 22' Advantage sport cat. So I gots to thinking, those cat hulls are a nice damn ride. Their different in regards to handling but I think I've been swayed.
    So now I have to ask, who's towing 26/27 with what? I have a Tahoe with a 5.3. So if I have to tow/launch with a 2 wheel drive tahoe what do you think about that? Suspension? Supercharger? Should I look into the air asist for the rear suspension? I might be able to keep the boat in Havi at a buddy's house but I keep my boat at my work right now. Just wondering in case I have to tow from SoCal. Also, I've seen good performance gains from using a Hypertech...yay...nay?
    I used to tow with a Suburban with a 9 inch lift and 37's, 5.3L and I regeared it to 4.56's. If you do not tow alot the Tahoe will be fine. I now tow with a 2500HD Duramax and it is a big difference, butthere is now need to run out and get anotehr truck if you get a 26/27 Shadow.
    Mike

Cigalert
    I used to tow with a Suburban with a 9 inch lift and 37's, 5.3L and I regeared it to 4.56's. If you do not tow alot the Tahoe will be fine. I now tow with a 2500HD Duramax and it is a big difference, butthere is now need to run out and get anotehr truck if you get a 26/27 Shadow.
    Mike
    Well that's what I was thinking. I was looking at the 2500HD knowing it capabilities. But then the wife chimed in and said she refuses to drive a truck as her daily driver and there's no way I'm letting her drive my car (19" wheels with 30 series tires usually loose against women drivers). She really likes the short wheelbase of the tahoe plus it's stock suspension so it fits nicely in the garage. If I got a HD I wouldn't like to see it sitting so low to the ground...no more garage. Damn...all these f'in decisions. What's a boy to do?
    I've been doing my finance homework (wishin the property tax fairy would fly away with the bill) and I'm just torn. I can afford $100k+ boat but then I see Ivan Dan's 26' Eliminator for 80K with a 525....UGH!!!! And then the guy who made the bowtie in my sig said he would want to put his flare on designing a boat. He also let me know he could bug a couple big named chopper builders and to add their personal touch as far as design. So now I'm thinking I have to buy new and see what a bunch of well respected professional artist can do to a boat. And out of any boat company I believe Ultra is the only one that could pull off what I'm dreaming up. You guys think having hand engraved bezels, handles, seat stands, vents would be sick?
    Sometimes I really hate caffeine.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast