Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: my discount tire experience...........

squirt'nmyload
    so i decided to get my tires rebalanced and rotated today while my woman was at the mall and boy was that a mistake. waited almost 2 hours and the idiot stripped 4 of my studs and 1 of them is on sideways and stuck in the wheel and i never even got the work done because he couldn't get the last wheel off!!! after it happened, they basically told me to hit the road, they couldn't fix it and not to drive it, and wouldn't give me a strait answer on what was wrong. they wouldn't even direct me to the "kid" that was working on it to get the full story about what was wrong. it was a terrifying trip home due to me wondering if my wheels were going to fall off! it took a phone call to the regional manager to get it straightened out and actually get the story on what happened. the kicker was that after they told me not to drive it, they told me to drive across the street to get it fixed, then come back!!! after talking to the regional, they are paying for the repairs and any possible damage that may of occured. when i made the appointment with the repair shop they use, they told me that they get at least 5 VEHICLES A DAY that discount fukks up!!!!!..any other time i would've rotated them myself but i had to get them rebalanced cause some of the stupid stick on weights flew off......for you peeps in phoenix it was the shop at country club & baseline..........rant over

wolfie
    Hell of a discount, eh????
    We have a Les Schwab here. They're great. I take all my cars there and have the tires rotated. They do it for free and pretty damn fast as well.
    They get all my tire and alienment biz.

LuckyStrike
    JUST SHORT OF An A.J>
    DRIVING RIGHT THRU THE FRONT DOORS

So it sounds like they had a problem getting the lugnuts off? How did they F up the studs taking them OFF?

squirt'nmyload
    JUST SHORT OF An A.J>
    DRIVING RIGHT THRU THE FRONT DOORS
    lmao....i told the jerkoff that even if the wheels fell off i would still turn around and drive right through the fukkin showroom

squirt'nmyload
    So it sounds like they had a problem getting the lugnuts off? How did they F up the studs taking them OFF?
    that is what they claimed...i wasn't watching so i don't know for sure...i'll tell ya though after it happened they didn't want to tell me why, they just wanted to get me the hell out of there. that is what pissed me off. i tried to break them loose when i got home and i couldn't even budge them by hand.

My guess is some jackass had the impact wrench on tighten instead of loosen, hence why you couldn't break any loose and why some were broken off.
    They certainly wouldn't break off being loosened unless highly corroded or rusted on.

squirt'nmyload
    My guess is some jackass had the impact wrench on tighten instead of loosen, hence why you couldn't break any loose and why some were broken off.
    They certainly wouldn't break off being loosened unless highly corroded or rusted on.
    none actually "broke" off. i have 1 stud that a lug wont go on, 1 that is stripped on halfway and the rest i can't freaking move. i think that he had the impact gun on full bore when he was trying to loosen them and that is how they maybe got messed up at this point i really don't believe what they told me since they wouldn't deal with me when i was there. i'll be happy again when it is fixed and i will never go there again.

I'd say that manager and employee are history,
    uh right to work state u think he got over
    $3.00 an hr

GunninGopher
    I did the same thing today at the Discount in Kearny Mesa, San Diego, off Convoy. I've had problems and successes at other Discount Tire outlets, but this one kicks butt. I was in and out of there in 45 minutes for a balance and rotation. I was pissed I took an hour off of work to do it because I could have gotten away with it on lunch time.
    At least they are making it right. Hopefully the corporate management will straighten someone out. Sometimes it is more telling on how a problem is handled, than that there was a problem at first.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast