Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Ass Tahiti

CVX20
    Yep that looks like the one! Has that small pod on the deck just behind the helm. Cool!

Cas
    my wife just said "that thing is so ugly it's cute!"

El Prosecutor
    my wife just said "that thing is so ugly it's cute!"
    Isn't that a little personal for a jet boat forum??

Cas
    the boat man, the boat!

CVX20
    Hope to get some on the water pics next :skull:

cool boat. been looking for one for years.
    It's going to faster than you think. I was talking to Jim Brock (cyclone marine) about one of these toads a few months ago, he thought he knew where one was stashed, and he was telling me about one that use to race back in the day, ran pretty quick and would surprise most people. I don't remember how fast it ran, he told me but I forgot, but it was impressive. They have a pretty good bottom and cut through the rough stuff very well with that needle nose. He thought they never caught on cause they were so damned ugly. Maybe he's right.
    Schuster also use to race one in off shore races back in the late 60s, early 70's.
    I love the homely bastards.
    Thanks for posting the pics, I'm gonna save them in my 'toad' file.

CVX20
    cool boat. been looking for one for years.
    It's going to faster than you think. I was talking to Jim Brock (cyclone marine) about one of these toads a few months ago, he thought he knew where one was stashed, and he was telling me about one that use to race back in the day, ran pretty quick and would surprise most people. I don't remember how fast it ran, he told me but I forgot, but it was impressive. They have a pretty good bottom and cut through the rough stuff very well with that needle nose. He thought they never caught on cause they were so damned ugly. Maybe he's right.
    Schuster also use to race one in off shore races back in the late 60s, early 70's.
    I love the homely bastards.
    Thanks for posting the pics, I'm gonna save them in my 'toad' file.
    Thank you for the information Rigger. I would love to see some other pics of the boat from back in the day. Was it called the 21' off shore? My friend just had a 502 punched 60 over and stroked. That is the engine he plans on putting in this boat. I will see to it that pics are updated as he moves forward with this project.
    Thanks Fred

Fred,
    I don't have any old pictures or ads from back in the day, but for some reason I think the boat was advertised as the " 22 Offshore " or " Offshore 22". For some reason that's what's stickin' in my brain. I only ever heard it refered to as " the toad " at the shop. The name the riggers gave it back in the day. Hell, even Schuster called it that.
    I've only seen 2 in person since 1985. Another one if you count the one that had the deck cut off and made into some kind of fishing boat. It had a little cabin built into it where you could sleep. It looked like a small rbait shack sticking out of the hull.
    The ones that have popped up here on the board over the years all seem to be back east, and one in Texas.
    I'd love to see some pictures of it in the water when you guys get it wet.

CVX20
    Rigger
    We are picking it up Aug 29th for sure. Glad to see that a few other people will get a kick out of knowing that it's going back on the water. I am kind of new to jet boating and still all stoked up about finding new boats in my area. Hope my buddy and his family have a blast with it. We will be sure to keep pics updated as things move along. "Thanks" now it's time to get back to work on my project boat. I should have found a turn key ride for my first jet but Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Why do it the easy way LOL LOL

CVX20
    Rigger
    We are picking it up Aug 29th for sure. Glad to see that a few other people will get a kick out of knowing that it's going back on the water. I am kind of new to jet boating and still all stoked up about finding new boats in my area. Hope my buddy and his family have a blast with it. We will be sure to keep pics updated as things move along. "Thanks" now it's time to get back to work on my project boat. I should have found a turn key ride for my first jet but Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Why do it the easy way LOL LOL
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ril2007148.jpg
    What the hell was I thinking when I went with this boat :hammer2:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast